No announcement yet.

I see Boxrec finally caved and Added Haye vs Chisora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
    What you mean by Boxrec finally caving in. You make it sound like boxrec had some kind of agenda against this fight. Chisora was suspended, I've heard, there for recording the fight needed further verifing. I doubt boxrec would have any agenda against this worthless fight.
    If they didn't have an agenda tell me why didn't they show the fight as scheduled before it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
      What you mean by Boxrec finally caving in. You make it sound like boxrec had some kind of agenda against this fight. Chisora was suspended, I've heard, there for recording the fight needed further verifing. I doubt boxrec would have any agenda against this worthless fight.
      If you read the notes on the fight at the time when they had it recorded as an NC, it said something like the existence of the fight is recorded, but the result is not because the fight was unofficial, or something like that. Before that, they tried not to even recognize the fight, not showing it on their schedule. It was all pretty ridiculous, and was reflecting badly on them to be sure. I'm glad they did they right thing. Probably they realized the laughing stock they were making themselves to be, and I'm sure a lot of emails and what not came their way. Who knows what was behind it, but some political influence doesn't seem like an unlikely cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
        If they didn't have an agenda tell me why didn't they show the fight as scheduled before it happened.
        Because Chisora was suspended therefor the fight could not be ruled official if a fight involves a fighter who is suspended. Boxrec just needed to verify.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
          Good thing they did that.

IMO Adamek won that fight, though closely. All Haye did was KOing a #14 (now 27) ranked opponent coming of two losses. Rankings are about what a fighter has accomplished, not what he could accomplish.
          I thought this was obvious.

Haye got his first win in 1.5 years over a guy ranked around #20 who was basically coming off 4 str8 losses

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            I thought this was obvious.

Haye got his first win in 1.5 years over a guy ranked around #20 who was basically coming off 4 str8 losses
            He was coming of 3 losses and 1 win, but you're right otherwise.

Comment

Working...
            X