Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 152 does estimated 450k ppv buys..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 152 does estimated 450k ppv buys..

what do you guys think about those numbers?

tbh i dont believe that number at all

Schaefer questioned the legitimacy of UFC pay-per-view results that were leaked. He said HBO is a publicly traded company that would face serious repercussions for releasing false numbers. The UFC, he noted, is a private company with no such concerns.

“I think the UFC and boxing should be able to co-exist and work together in this thing that we call (combat) sports,” Schaefer said.

“I don’t want to talk (expletive) about the UFC. But Dana White can’t do an interview without knocking boxing. If he thinks we’re idiots and don’t know anything about the pay-per-view business, I’ll make him a challenge.

“I am willing to hire one of the top three accounting firms, at my expense, and do an audit of his pay-per-view results. They are nowhere near what is put into the public. There is talk that UFC 100 did 1.6 million, but it barely broke a million. I am willing to pay to have the audits done to prove this.”

White said he would not allow anyone other than fighters with a contractual right to do so to audit his numbers.

“Do you think I’m (expletive) crazy?” he said

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...xnumbers092509

Comment

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
      tbh i dont believe that number at all

Schaefer questioned the legitimacy of UFC pay-per-view results that were leaked. He said HBO is a publicly traded company that would face serious repercussions for releasing false numbers. The UFC, he noted, is a private company with no such concerns.

“I think the UFC and boxing should be able to co-exist and work together in this thing that we call (combat) sports,” Schaefer said.

“I don’t want to talk (expletive) about the UFC. But Dana White can’t do an interview without knocking boxing. If he thinks we’re idiots and don’t know anything about the pay-per-view business, I’ll make him a challenge.

“I am willing to hire one of the top three accounting firms, at my expense, and do an audit of his pay-per-view results. They are nowhere near what is put into the public. There is talk that UFC 100 did 1.6 million, but it barely broke a million. I am willing to pay to have the audits done to prove this.”

White said he would not allow anyone other than fighters with a contractual right to do so to audit his numbers.

“Do you think I’m (expletive) crazy?” he said

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...xnumbers092509
      Those recent UFC numbers are from that WWE hack Meltzer.. Dana White already mentioned how they dont release PPV figures in the UFC 152 postfight press conference.

but jeezus behold, its 'the fastest growing sport' apparently. LOL

Comment

Already been proven to be a lie.

Comment

Originally posted by ROYistheGOAT View Post
          Already been proven to be a lie.
          Proved by who? Source?

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
            Proved by who? Source?
            I saw on sherdog forums

Comment

I saw on sherdog forums
              Oh, well that's certainly proof indeed.

*sarcasm

Comment

Oh, well that's certainly proof indeed.

*sarcasm
                Yea because they never provide links in the threads. Im sure you can find the thread if you really wanted to, too bad i dont really care to search for it again.

Comment

Yea because they never provide links in the threads. Im sure you can find the thread if you really wanted to, too bad i dont really care to search for it again.
                  Just so you know, seeing something commented on while browsing Sherdog doesn't constitute proof. And why the hell would I go browse Sherdog for some thread I don't even have any idea of what it is? I asked you for your supposed "proof", and your only response is go find it myself? This is what's called be discredited.

Comment

Proved by who? Source?
                    the source is Dave Meltzer and his reported numbers are simply projections and many insiders including people like Kevin Iole find them to be inaccurate and inconsistent. He first reported that Lesnar/Overeem fight at first did 800k buys and then projected months later that the fight did 500k. Believe what u want but this source is incredibly sketchy to me and i dont take any of these figures to be correct.

Comment

Working...
                    X