Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's clear to me now: Wilder needs to stay AWAY from Joshua.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's clear to me now: Wilder needs to stay AWAY from Joshua.

I don't know what it is about Joshua. He seems rather slow. But it's like he only needs one clean shot and then the fight's over. I don't see Wilder getting out of the fight.

The Povetkin match should be rather telling. But if I were managing Bomb Squad, I'd tell him to face anyone else. Fury, sure. Whyte, sure. Haye, absolutely (easy work). Briggs, sure. Clinchko...eh, sure. But not Joshua.

Martin would woop Wilders ass.

Comment

Nevermind AJ, he need's to be worrying about Sasha.
      Not that worrying will change his inevitable huge KO loss in Russia

Comment

Yeah it's not like Wilder doesn't have power or anything, it's just AJ

Comment

I agree that Joshua would probably win by KO. I disagree that Wilder should stay away from him. A good champion fights the best win lose or draw. If he only fights the guys he is sure he can beat he is a poor champion. From a strictly business point of view it might be wise for Wilder to avoid Joshua but fans will know he ducked him and that's the way he will be remembered. Bowe ducked Lewis and most fans remember that. Fury is the real heavyweight champion now anyway until he loses a fight or retires. I doubt Fury will duck Joshua but time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            Yeah it's not like Wilder doesn't have power or anything, it's just AJ
            I'm not reacting only to Joshua's power. But it took Wilder quite a few square shots to put down Molina and Szpilka. Wilder's been wobbled from some of these guys too.

With the exception of Whyte, Joshua seems to only need one good shot for some reason - and Whyte certainly has a better chin than Deontay. That's my point.

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            I agree that Joshua would probably win by KO. I disagree that Wilder should stay away from him. A good champion fights the best win lose or draw. If he only fights the guys he is sure he can beat he is a poor champion.
            Yet there are numerous threads saying Charles Martin was a bum after doing what you say he "should" have done. So obviously we have a contradiction - people want these guys to fight "the best", but when they get schooled, they're bums for it. They can't win for losing.

Martin never should have taken that fight. Totally different class. Not until he'd fought more and been tested more. It was too early. Like Lomachenko/Salido.
            Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 04-10-2016, 09:42 AM.

Comment

it's clear to me how nice this wide span truly is... damn Poncher.. dem lips

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                I'm not reacting only to Joshua's power. But it took Wilder quite a few square shots to put down Molina and Szpilka. Wilder's been wobbled from some of these guys too.

With the exception of Whyte, Joshua seems to only need one good shot for some reason - and Whyte certainly has a better chin than Deontay. That's my point.
                In a fight with Joshua and Wilder, whoever lands flush first is winning. I think Joshua is more composed and he doesn't throw those extremely wide shots Deontay throws. I think Joshua is the better fighter, but this is the heavyweight division, they both have that equalizer

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  Martin would woop Wilders ass.
                  Based on what? His great showing against Joshua? All of the good boxers Martin has defeated? I'm not a Wilder fan but I think he is much better than Martin.

Comment

To be fair though, what have we seen from Joshua apart from he has a big punch?

We haven't seen if he has a Plan B, if he can fight inside, can he fight on the back foot under pressure? We know he can be hurt and stiffen up.

He might very well beat Wilder but apart from being powerful and accurate, i haven't really seen much else that would make me confident in picking him over one of the top fighters yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X