No announcement yet.

David Haye should try to avenge his losses to Solis and Wladimir

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to see a Wlad-Haye rematch.

Yet again Freedom, the Haye hate comes through nicely. Thread title: David Haye should try avenge his loss to Wlad. Posts in thread: Haye is CURRENTLY not qualified to face Wlad. If he faces anyone other than Wlad, you'll say hes facing weak opposition. If tries to get Wlad, hes not qualified.

I think Haye is doing a good thing for his career. People say he's only doing it for money, he's more than wealthy atm. He could retire quite happily (financially) right now, yet he recognises he wants to achieve more. Why would you fault him for that? Whatever pre-conceived bias you have against him, you have to at least give him credit for that.

Comment

I agree with everything TS said.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
        I'd love to see a Wlad-Haye rematch.

Yet again Freedom, the Haye hate comes through nicely. Thread title: David Haye should try avenge his loss to Wlad. Posts in thread: Haye is CURRENTLY not qualified to face Wlad. If he faces anyone other than Wlad, you'll say hes facing weak opposition. If tries to get Wlad, hes not qualified.

I think Haye is doing a good thing for his career. People say he's only doing it for money, he's more than wealthy atm. He could retire quite happily (financially) right now, yet he recognises he wants to achieve more. Why would you fault him for that? Whatever pre-conceived bias you have against him, you have to at least give him credit for that.
        Sums it up jusssssssst right

Comment

Avenge an amateur loss? Surely you're not serious.....If you are, do you also think everyone else should avenge all their amateur losses?

How many losses did the Klitschko bros have in the amateurs and do they need to avenge them?

I can understand some fighters wanting to avenge major amateur losses that might have been for a gold medal at the Olympics, or for a major world tournament that they felt robbed in etc.

Just a typical, normal amateur loss though. That's crazy. It's not important in the pro game. It's even less important due to Solis going from a fit, ripped, great amateur athlete to an overindulgent, fat, lazy, hopeless pro. HIs one step up he got knocked out in a couple of rounds by Vitali, and before anyone brings in the knee angle, that BS. Vitali tagged him badly, and that put his legs out and when he was falling he hurt his knee. He was already done.

Vitali/Haye is really the only big fight at HW I want to see. Fury is getting into the mix, but I still want to see him step it up against some other Klit leftovers like Thompson etc to see how he handles them. If Fury can take out Cunningham and Thompson, a domestic HW fight between him and Haye would be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            I can understand some fighters wanting to avenge major amateur losses that might have been for a gold medal at the Olympics, or for a major world tournament that they felt robbed in etc.
            I never said Haye should avenge his other amateur losses, but Haye's being stopped by Odlanier Solis for the Gold Medal in the final of the 2001 World Amateurs in Belfast was certainly a "major" loss.

Comment

Working...
            X