No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Explain Vanes vs Lara Ruling For Canelo Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    The WBC has an interim belt. It's called the WBC interim belt. Zbik had it for a while. I'm not sure if the silver belt gives you automatic mandatory status.
    The WBC doesn't have an interim title any longer. They renamed it to Silver. If you look at their rankings they have zero interim champs in any of their divisions. Which is quite odd if they do have an interim title. However, they have numerous silver champ. Aydin who's the silver champ basically interim is fighting Guerrero and it might be for the full WBC champ if Floyd decides to stay at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by AvoidDisaster View Post
      Why is Ward about to get stripped? Uhh because Ward doesn't want to face mandatory... maybe that's why?
      Is that why? Sure it is.

I mean damn if Canelo didn't want to face his mandatory he would get stripped as well.
      If that was true he would be stripped already and we wouldn't be going through this nonsense.

Also I'm pretty sure Canelo faced his mandatory right after he won it, Ward hasn't. Rhodes did the samething as Dirrell. Rhodes fought one eliminator and got a title shot. And I'm also pretty sure Rhodes isn't with Haymon or Golden Boy.
      Rhodes had to wait 2 years to get his shot. And, had been past over by the likes of Pac, Margarito, Canelo, and Hatton. 2 Mexicans, one money maker, and the other one for an easy fight for a Mexican. Yea...

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
        Is that why? Sure it is.

If that was true he would be stripped already and we wouldn't be going through this nonsense.

Rhodes had to wait 2 years to get his shot. And, had been past over by the likes of Pac, Margarito, Canelo, and Hatton. 2 Mexicans, one money maker, and the other one for an easy fight for a Mexican. Yea...
        But why would Canelo get stripped though? What mandatory has he avoided? He faced his mandatory in Rhodes, right? That means Canelo can do as many optional defenses until June 18. After that date if Canelo doesn't face his mandatory, hey man, you get no arguments from me, and he deserves to be stripped and hated on...

But the point is Rhodes got his shot though and he didn't capatilize on it. That's not Canelo's fault.

Comment

But why would Canelo get stripped though? What mandatory has he avoided? He faced his mandatory in Rhodes, right? That means Canelo can do as many optional defenses until June 18. After that date if Canelo doesn't face his mandatory, hey man, you get no arguments from me, and he deserves to be stripped and hated on...

But the point is Rhodes got his shot though and he didn't capatilize on it. That's not Canelo's fault.
          The point of Rhodes is that he had fought his eliminator(Why wasn't there no silly semi crap though?) and had to wait 2 years to get his shot. While less deserving fighters caught their opportunity because of being Mexican and/or big money fighter.

Vanes been his mandatory. He's the silver champ. But, the WBC don't to force it cuz' they rather jerk Vanes, Angulo, and Kirkland around to actually force Canelo hand.

Comment

The WBC doesn't have an interim title any longer. They renamed it to Silver. If you look at their rankings they have zero interim champs in any of their divisions. Which is quite odd if they do have an interim title. However, they have numerous silver champ. Aydin who's the silver champ basically interim is fighting Guerrero and it might be for the full WBC champ if Floyd decides to stay at 154.
            Interim still exists. Guerrero vs Aydin is for the WBC interim belt, not for the Silver belt. And Chavez Jr had the Silver belt at the same time that Zbik had the interim belt so it can't just be a simple replacement.

Comment

Vanes been his mandatory. He's the silver champ. But, the WBC don't to force it cuz' they rather jerk Vanes, Angulo, and Kirkland around to actually force Canelo hand.
              So you're saying Canelo did deserve his title shot? JRo you're starting not to make sense. First you say Canelo bounced around people who really deserve a title shot. But then you go and say that the Silver champ is the mandatory? Come on dude...

Comment

Vanes vs Lara would be a great fight. I think it'd be closer than a lot of people think. Lara is coming off a big KO but lets be real. Paul Williams is a shot fighter and KOing a Hearns doesn't mean much, Harry Joe Yorgy has been there and done that.

personally I'd like to see Lara give Molina a rematch. Lara is the flavor of the month and I guess that's why people have all of the sudden forgetten that fight.

Comment

From what I remember reading from Sulaiman, Silver belts were created just to make fights super duper extra special and to open opportunities to eventually fight for the full title fights. Nothing about being the mandatory though. If you look at the WBC rankings, the #1 contender is rarely the silver champion. Although in this case, Vanes does seem to be #1 (God knows why).

There was an article where Sulaiman said they might replace the interim belt with the the Silver belt, but the WBC didn't go through with it seeing how the Guerrero fight will be for the interim belt. De La Hoya also recently said the interim belt might be on the line Sotov vs Matthyse because Garcia is injured.
                  Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 04-24-2012, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Canelo won the vacant title against Matthew Hatton that didnt do anything at JMW.

Now all these obstacles for Canelo to fight a worthy challenger. The WBC is pretecting Canelo very well

Comment

Maybe Vanes or his promoter donīt want to fight Canelo either

Comment

Working...
                      X