Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judges aren't incompetent fight are fixed.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judges aren't incompetent fight are fixed.

Some guys are acting like they don't know this. A lot of fights are close and hard to judge but when you have a situation like last night where a loss would hurt a big money fight or damage a guy they want to build up its a fix. Delahoya vs Sturm would be another example.

Sometimes the promoter pays the judge to fix scoring or pays the fighter to lose. I know tons of lower level guys who get paid to lose. I know a guy who was offered a fight with butterbean but he had to agree to lose. Mickey rourke to. all his opponents were paid to lose.

The promoter pays all the expenses for judges so sometimes they just favor the house fighter slightly because they want to keep getting the perks and plush assignments. Its understood

some people here seem to think boxing is on the up and up and bad decisions are the result of judges not knowing what they're doing. they know exactly what they're doing and you can't stop it. 90% of the time a 2 year old could tell you who won a fight.

Bob Arum fixes fights. It's so very clear at this point.

Comment

i have not bought a payperview in years except for tye fields vs grant & don kings PPV in china a few years ago when the main event was golota\austin & comain event was mollo\mccline...both were $25

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
        Bob Arum fixes fights. It's so very clear at this point.
        oh yeah dude and don king was doing it before him. they all do it and its worse at the lower level. I thought it was understood but some guys seem on the fence about it like its really judges error.

Comment

There's a clear pattern when the "hometown" fighter (promotionally or locationally) is usually the one benefiting from the "incompetence" of the judges.

There have been robberies before and always have been, but recently there has not been a single boxing weekend without a disgraceful decision. It's as if they do not care about the appearances anymore.

One factor is that we just don't see enough decisive finishes anymore. The quote about not leaving it in the hands of the judges rings more true now than ever before. You have to go into a fight with the mindset of knocking your opponent out, and even that may not be enough (Maccarinelli-McPhilbin).

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            i have not bought a payperview in years except for tye fields vs grant & don kings PPV in china a few years ago when the main event was golota\austin & comain event was mollo\mccline...both were $25
            yeah i been streaming about 7 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
              There's a clear pattern when the "hometown" fighter (promotionally or locationally) is usually the one benefiting from the "incompetence" of the judges.

There have been robberies before and always have been, but recently there has not been a single boxing weekend without a disgraceful decision. It's as if they do not care about the appearances anymore.

One factor is that we just don't see enough decisive finishes anymore. The quote about not leaving it in the hands of the judges rings more true now than ever before. You have to go into a fight with the mindset of knocking your opponent out, and even that may not be enough (Maccarinelli-McPhilbin).
              yeah there is always a lot of money on the line. even with the small time stuff the local promoter usually has big money and time invested in building a guy up. they have to load the deck.

they all do it from arum and frank warren to joe schmo promotions in east bum ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                Judges aren't incompetent fight are fixed.
                Stop whining. Fights have been fixed since the beginning of time. Did Orlando Salido whine and cry like a little baby?

No. He handled his business and took the decision away from the judges.

Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post

It has nothing to do with hometown fighters, I doubt judges really care about that crap, it's about making sure the A-side of the fight wins while the B-side who isn't as well known or not as big of a draw (Lara, Abril, campillo, Molina, Marquez vs the PAC man, kotelnik vs Alexander, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by dolfan2909 View Post
                    It has nothing to do with hometown fighters, I doubt judges really care about that crap, it's about making sure the A-side of the fight wins while the B-side who isn't as well known or not as big of a draw (Lara, Abril, campillo, Molina, Marquez vs the PAC man, kotelnik vs Alexander, etc.)
                    Which is why I made a point of putting the word hometown in quatation marks and explained that I meant it both locationally and promotionally (more so the latter in today's case).

The old logic was that the hometown fighter has the advantage because the scoring judges were often from local areas but with today's promotional and management interests you can get cheated out of a win even in your hometown if the opponent's management holds power over the judges. The new hometown fighter is the one with more potential money backing him.

Comment

Working...
                    X