Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kneecans need to move on. cotto got almost maimed by pacquiao. lolz

fuken sore losers

Comment

What nearly everyone forgets with this fight, because they compare it to the first one, was that Cotto wasn't hurt in this. He might have been tired, but he hardly got hit at all, he was still hitting Margarito at will and he wasn't busted up badly to the head and body.

In the first fight, it took Marg to the 11th round to break Cotto down in a fight that was all out war from the 2nd round onwards. People forget just how much Margarito was landing in the first fight. When you compare it to the second fight, it's like night and day. Cotto was going to win the rematch easily if not stop Margarito. Margarito had no chance at all. Just watch this; Go to 0.40 of the vid. This is the second round of the first fight. He lands a harder body shot in this round than in any round of the rematch. It literally folds Cotto over. After that Cotto gets staggered by a big right hand.

Despite what bloody Jim Lampley is saying it's actually Margarito landing the much better, harder, cleaner shots. Cotto gets in some nice eye catching ones, but is being hurt to the body and head. It's about time this myth gets put to sleep. Margarito landed more and hurt Cotto consistently from the start of the fight. He didn't do **** in the rematch and really had no chance because he just didn't land anything as good as he was doing early in the first fight when he was able to land high shots to the body and head, hurting Cotto. Cotto literally lays on the ropes and gets the ****e beaten out of him. He didn't do that once in the second fight.

Margarito lands more in the second round in the first fight and hurts Cotto more in that one round than he did in all the first six rounds of the second fight. He also hardly landed to the body at all in the second fight. In the first, again very early in the fight, he lands constantly to the body with brutal shots. I've always been of the opinion that he didn't actually cheat until the Mosley fight. Most people now overlook just how often and how early he was landing big shots against Cotto. There was no sudden onset of Cotto getting hurt. It didn't start late like everyone now believes. He was getting hit and hurt very early and it was a gradual breaking from the 2nd round on.

So, when you compare the two fights, it clearly shows that Cotto was easily in control and had very little to worry about. It was actually Margarito who was slowing down even more and hardly throwing or landing enough to do any damage to Cotto. His best round in the whole fight didn't even equal a normal round in their first fight. In what everyone says was his best round of the whole fight in the rematch, he only landed 25 of 78 punches. He landed 33 of 96 punches in the second round alone of the first fight. That sums up how different the two fights were. In the second round of the rematch he landed 11 punches. That's one third of what he landed in the first fight.

Check this out: Margarito didn't throw over 100 punches in any of the rounds of the rematch.
      In the middle rounds of the first fight he was throwing well over 100 punches each round.
      In the 2nd round of the first fight, he landed 29 power punches. That's more than in any round of the second fight, including his best round when he landed only 25.
      In the rematch he landed more than 20 power punches only once in the second half of the fight. From rounds 4 to 9, he land over 20 power shots once. Compare that to the first fight when he landed more than 20 power shots in every single round in the second half of the fight, landing 46 power punches in round 7. That's over 20 more power punches than in his best round in the rematch.
      In the first fight Margarito landed more power punches than Cotto in every round, except for rounds 1 and 3. In the second fight, Cotto landed more power punches in every round except for three (one of those being only one more power shot, the others only two more power shots; Like I said before, Margarito landed 29 more power shots in round 7 alone!!). He landed 29 more power punches than Cotto in round 7, landing 46 all up. That's more power punches than Marg landed all up in any round of the rematch. Compare that to landing 2 more power punches than Cotto in his best round of there rematch.
      In rounds 5, 6 and 8 Cotto landed more power punches. In 7 and 9, Margarito only landed two more power punches in those rounds. In the same round of the first fight, Margarito was consistently landing well above what Cotto was landing.

The reason I detailed this is because of the erroneous view that the fights were similar and that it wasn't until the late rounds that Margarito suddenly started coming on and landing more. It's completely untrue. It was Cotto doing all the good punching in the fight while in the first it was actually Margarito that was landing more, landing harder and being more consistent from the very start of the fight. Like I said, he was doing serious damage from the second round onward. He had a better second round alone than he did in any round of the rematch, including his very best round at the end of the fight. They weren't even remotely similar fights. Cotto dominated the rematch. Margarito, despite Cotto doing the more flashy, eye catching work, was being beaten down and outlanded in nearly every round of the first fight.

Margarito would never have stopped Cotto in the second fight.
      Last edited by BennyST; 01-30-2012, 02:46 AM.

Comment

imho it would have been better that they gave one more round and continue the fight, cotto's victory would have been more definitive ...

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Yeah....he landed a lot less in the 2nd fight.

That doesn't mean he "wasn't landing" or that his punches had "no effect" as the Cotto fanboys (egged on by Jim Lampley/HBO) like to make people believe.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
            Really cause at the end of the fight Margo was getting pushed back and his head was starting to snap back when he was getting hit.
            And? He was never hurt, stunned, shook, wobbled. Nothing. I don't think people understand how that can affect the other fighter psychologically especially given that he knelt down before the same man twice before.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              And? He was never hurt, stunned, shook, wobbled. Nothing. I don't think people understand how that can affect the other fighter psychologically especially given that he knelt down before the same man twice before.
              No brain, no pain. He smiles a lot though...

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                No brain, no pain. He smiles a lot though...
                I swear to God...I typed in "he hits like a girl" (and nothing more) in google and this was the fifth image that came up. LOL

Aah, what a night.

I hugged everyone in the living room that night.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Um, as much of a **** trainer Garcia is...round 9 WAS Margarito's best round, that's a fact. You don't need to be Einstein to see that. 25 out 78 power punches landed, while Cotto landed 23. Before that, Margarito was landing 15-16 power punches per round, so that was his best round by a lot.

The fight totals were 148 Cotto, 131 Margarito. If you ask me, Margarito was very well in the fight. Any one is in the fight with Cotto's defensive flaws. Margarito did a lot better than I expected. But the fight still ended as I predicted: Margarito's eye wasn't gonna hold up for 12 rounds.
                  Marg was only in the fight in the sense that he was in there to be hit, he was completely shut out and was in no way going to stop Cotto late as he did very little damage and landed very few clean effective punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Einstien View Post
                    Margarito was delusional if he thought he was going to do something different....and his trainer yelling, "that was his best round" was bull. Tony maybe won one round (7) and that would be debatable.

....Tony seems to smile only when he is losing or taking good shots ....he did alot of smiling.
                    Firstly, Margarito didn't belong in the ring. Secondly, if his eye hadn't been previously injured I suspect Cotto would've hugged his wat to victory. That's probably why Cotto seemed so confident before the fight. he was thinking he wouldn't get hurt cuz he'd hug his way to victory. Not to say Cotto isn't brave

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
                      Firstly, Margarito didn't belong in the ring. Secondly, if his eye hadn't been previously injured I suspect Cotto would've hugged his wat to victory. That's probably why Cotto seemed so confident before the fight. he was thinking he wouldn't get hurt cuz he'd hug his way to victory. Not to say Cotto isn't brave
                      Cotto has repeatedly proved his courage but I think his ego would've got the best of him and he would've hugged Margarito to "victory" if Margarito had had a good eye and would've been able to pressure and land instead of just blindly pressuring. In Cotto's case it would've been shameful but not cowardly. He would've just been taking what todays Mexiphobic boxing environment allows--- which is trying to make Mexicans lose at all costs with bad judges, bad commenattors, allowing hugging, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X