Kell Brook, :Ill fight Khan a for 50/50 split"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kell Brook, :Ill fight Khan a for 50/50 split"

Posted on Aug 23, 2011

Welterweight prospect Kell Brook has revealed that he will wait till he is a world champion before any future fight with WBA and IBF light-welterweight ruler Amir Khan so that he has equal standing in the purse split.

Brook, who faces Polish boxer Rafal Jackiewicz in a WBA world title eliminator in Sheffield on October 8, is on course to challenge for a world title next year, the same time Khan also plans to step up to his division.

And the Sheffield man believes that a meeting between the pair is a matter of ‘when’ rather than ‘if’, stating, ‘I want to have a world title waiting for Khan. I don’t want to come as the challenger I want to bring something to the table as a champion.

‘I want that 50/50 split. So I’ll have something waiting for him when he moves up but when that fight happens I think it’s going to be a huge fight in the UK. Khan might have looked good against [Zab] Judah but Judah wasn’t coming back with anything.

‘I think timing beats speed all day long and I’m from the Ingle gym so I’ve seen every style there is. I’ve got Khan’s number and he knows it, that’s why he’s making up excuses like he’s not going to fight me because I’m with Matchroom. But that fight’s going to happen and he’s going to get done in.’

Brook, who was speaking at the Carl Froch vs Andre Ward press conference in Matchroom Sport’s sprawling office gardens, went on to praise his promoter Eddie Hearn claiming the young businessman had ‘taken over’ British boxing.

‘It feels great to be a part of Matchroom Sport. You’ve got Darren Barker fighting for a world title, Carl Froch on top of his game, I’m coming through, Lee Purdy is British champ and Gavin Rees in big European fights so this team’s growing. I think that we’re the main guys in the UK, Eddie Hearn’s taken over!’ said Brook.

i hope brook is a kind of boxer who likes to travel to eastern europe. because there is a rather small chance they'd get senchenko over to UK for a title fight. i remember he wanted 500k$ for facing saul alvarez in the US.

Comment

Nice none starter.

Comment

Who has Brook fought to even dream of getting 50/50? He has not faced any world class opposition whatsoever. Its just another case of a chump wanting to cash out in a big fight like Mosley.

Brook? Just another punk that is going to get blown away, He think its his birth right to fight Khan instead of earning it. LOL! I hope he gets beat by the Eastern European.

Comment

I actually think it would be a good fight for Khans first 147 venture,if Brook fights a decent opponents and looks good before then,even then he wont deserve 50/50 however

Comment

Ill fight Khan for a 51/49 split.

Comment

So in other words he doesn't want to fight Khan.

Comment

lol. 50/50.

Comment

He's acting like he's the draw giving Khan more money.

Comment

Working...
                  X