No announcement yet.

The Mysterious Case Of Grover Young / Kova , Wade, & Marsellus Wallace

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mysterious Case Of Grover Young / Kova , Wade, & Marsellus Wallace

This bloke is straight gypsie gangsta I think Guy Ritchie needs to do a film on Grover Young.

"Here Me Out," (she says)

Anybody seen the Young vs Wade bout? Good law'd them some loose combination warriors I think Atlas is bringing that ESPN hot spice to do mix on Pac...

I highly recommend watching that bout, Wade reminding me of an Abner Mares mixed with a Lamont Peterson (minus the fancy Defense), Lil'G gonna be surprised with this one as Wade is actually a dirty brawler. Good Laawd.

Kova vs Young, the most amazing Draw I'za everrr seen. Young does a combination then pots Lova with a body shot, Kova is hurt, turtles up and retreats and pops Grover on the ear. Funny asss fight. The weight scales of that bout were so professional too!! Now I know why Stevenson is so afraid of Kova! It's because Young is the most gangsta Super-Light-Overweight scaler on dee planet come fight night!

I'm so heated up right now I'm run to a 7-11 and act like Broner to my friends and hit my boy up Charlie Zelenoff (Thunderdork boxing's cousin) cause we gun go start trouble like Lil'G and his bros the way Young finished off Marsellus Wallace!

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post

This bloke is straight gypsie gangsta I think Guy Ritchie needs to do a film on Grover Young.

"Here Me Out," (she says)

Anybody seen the Young vs Wade bout? Good law'd them some loose combination warriors I think Atlas is bringing that ESPN hot spice to do mix on Pac...

I highly recommend watching that bout, Wade reminding me of an Abner Mares mixed with a Lamont Peterson (minus the fancy Defense), Lil'G gonna be surprised with this one as Wade is actually a dirty brawler. Good Laawd.

Kova vs Young, the most amazing Draw I'za everrr seen. Young does a combination then pots Lova with a body shot, Kova is hurt, turtles up and retreats and pops Grover on the ear. Funny asss fight. The weight scales of that bout were so professional too!! Now I know why Stevenson is so afraid of Kova! It's because Young is the most gangsta Super-Light-Overweight scaler on dee planet come fight night!

I'm so heated up right now I'm run to a 7-11 and act like Broner to my friends and hit my boy up Charlie Zelenoff (Thunderdork boxing's cousin) cause we gun go start trouble like Lil'G and his bros the way Young finished off Marsellus Wallace!

That Young finish was ****ing funny! Emotions were height that night! I thought gatts would come out and the bullets would fly!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      That Young finish was ****ing funny! Emotions were height that night! I thought gatts would come out and the bullets would fly!
      It was funny wasn't? Telling you brah, Grover Young make Kova scurrred.

2011-08-27 : Sergey Kovalev 178˝ lbs drew with Grover Young 193 lbs by TD at 1:31 in round 2 of 8
      Referee: Zac Young
      Judge: Jose Cobian
      Judge: Marty Denkin
      Judge: Nelson Hamilton
      From *********.com:

As Grover Young dropped to the canvas from a left hook to the head, light heavyweight Sergey Kovalev thought that he had just racked up another victory. Instead of scoring his fifth consecutive knockout in a span of about five and a half months, Kovalev walked out of the ring in disgust that an unwarranted draw is on his record.

Kovalev and Young fought to a second round technical draw at The Playboy Mansion in Holmby Hills, CA, when Young claimed he was unable to continue due to what was ruled as an accidental blow behind his ear.

The scheduled eight round headlined a “Fight Night Rocks the Mansion” card, presented by No Limits Productions, with Don Elbaum as the matchmaker.

Kovalev was coming off a third round knockout over fringe contender Douglas Oteino in his last bout four weeks ago. He has recently been training in Big Bear, CA with Abel Sanchez after first arriving to North Carolina over two years ago, when he made his professional debut.

Young started out his career winning his first four professional bouts, but had since lost four of his last five bouts prior to facing Kovalev. He took the fight against Kovalev on two days notice and weighed in about 13 pounds heavier at over 190 pounds.

Kovalev was busier of the two fighters from the opening bell, as the southpaw Young attempted to counter Kovalev’s offense. Although Kovalev was busier, quite a few of his punches were blocked by Young.

In the second round, Kovalev let his hands go more and landing with more frequency, particularly to the body. Young fought back, but began backing up and started breathing heavily through his mouth.

Halfway through the round, Kovalev landed a left hook to the head of Young. After a few seconds, Young fell to the canvas and rolled around in obvious pain - he would later be carried out on a stretcher. After Young was attended to by the ringside physician, referee Zac Young stopped the bout at 1:31.

Zac Young stated to inspectors of the California State Athletic Commission that an accidental blow landed behind the ear of Young as the fighter moved his head forward.

By rules of the commission, the bout was declared a technical draw because only three rounds had been completed. With Young unable to continue and no intent to commit a foul on Kovalev's part, a DQ or TKO did not apply.

The ruling and outcome of the bout did not sit well with Kovalev.

“I didn’t know I was fighting a southpaw until they told me two days ago,” said Kovalev to *********.com through an interpreter. “We didn’t prepare for a southpaw during training. I thought he was exaggerating because I hit him on the ear. He was losing the fight, he was tired, and he wanted a way out of the fight.”

Asked what training almost 8,000 feet above sea level in Big Bear and having a reputable trainer in Abel Sanchez, Kovalev responded, “My manager was the one who referred me to Abel. I like it up there. The fresh air and no distractions have been beneficial to me.”

Kovalev, from Chelyabinsk, Russia, goes to 16-0-1, 14 KO’s. Young, from Memphis, TN, goes to 5-4-1, 2 KO’s.

Comment

It was funny wasn't? Telling you brah, Grover Young make Kova scurrred.

2011-08-27 : Sergey Kovalev 178˝ lbs drew with Grover Young 193 lbs by TD at 1:31 in round 2 of 8
        Referee: Zac Young
        Judge: Jose Cobian
        Judge: Marty Denkin
        Judge: Nelson Hamilton
        From *********.com:

As Grover Young dropped to the canvas from a left hook to the head, light heavyweight Sergey Kovalev thought that he had just racked up another victory. Instead of scoring his fifth consecutive knockout in a span of about five and a half months, Kovalev walked out of the ring in disgust that an unwarranted draw is on his record.

Kovalev and Young fought to a second round technical draw at The Playboy Mansion in Holmby Hills, CA, when Young claimed he was unable to continue due to what was ruled as an accidental blow behind his ear.

The scheduled eight round headlined a “Fight Night Rocks the Mansion” card, presented by No Limits Productions, with Don Elbaum as the matchmaker.

Kovalev was coming off a third round knockout over fringe contender Douglas Oteino in his last bout four weeks ago. He has recently been training in Big Bear, CA with Abel Sanchez after first arriving to North Carolina over two years ago, when he made his professional debut.

Young started out his career winning his first four professional bouts, but had since lost four of his last five bouts prior to facing Kovalev. He took the fight against Kovalev on two days notice and weighed in about 13 pounds heavier at over 190 pounds.

Kovalev was busier of the two fighters from the opening bell, as the southpaw Young attempted to counter Kovalev’s offense. Although Kovalev was busier, quite a few of his punches were blocked by Young.

In the second round, Kovalev let his hands go more and landing with more frequency, particularly to the body. Young fought back, but began backing up and started breathing heavily through his mouth.

Halfway through the round, Kovalev landed a left hook to the head of Young. After a few seconds, Young fell to the canvas and rolled around in obvious pain - he would later be carried out on a stretcher. After Young was attended to by the ringside physician, referee Zac Young stopped the bout at 1:31.

Zac Young stated to inspectors of the California State Athletic Commission that an accidental blow landed behind the ear of Young as the fighter moved his head forward.

By rules of the commission, the bout was declared a technical draw because only three rounds had been completed. With Young unable to continue and no intent to commit a foul on Kovalev's part, a DQ or TKO did not apply.

The ruling and outcome of the bout did not sit well with Kovalev.

“I didn’t know I was fighting a southpaw until they told me two days ago,” said Kovalev to *********.com through an interpreter. “We didn’t prepare for a southpaw during training. I thought he was exaggerating because I hit him on the ear. He was losing the fight, he was tired, and he wanted a way out of the fight.”

Asked what training almost 8,000 feet above sea level in Big Bear and having a reputable trainer in Abel Sanchez, Kovalev responded, “My manager was the one who referred me to Abel. I like it up there. The fresh air and no distractions have been beneficial to me.”

Kovalev, from Chelyabinsk, Russia, goes to 16-0-1, 14 KO’s. Young, from Memphis, TN, goes to 5-4-1, 2 KO’s.

Ha hahahahahaha!! I like lard boy Young. When he hit Marcellus after the bell and dropped him, reminded me of being back in the hood where we scrapped for no reason, cuz we was bored!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          Ha hahahahahaha!! I like lard boy Young. When he hit Marcellus after the bell and dropped him, reminded me of being back in the hood where we scrapped for no reason, cuz we was bored!!!
          Marcellus: "in the fifth, your ass goes down. Say it."

Comment

Marcellus: "in the fifth, your ass goes down. Say it."
            Sometimes I miss being in the hood, the stupidity that is shared and accepted as fact,, makes me smile!

Glad I got out of there, but you know, they had a truthfulness that I don't see in my current world. They called it as they saw it, often with great wisdom and insight. I'm a long way from Kansas( wizard of oz) but miss the simple truths of people just trying to live, and not be ****ed with.

Comment

Platoon movie quotes

Bunny: Hey Junior, you never smoked any ****?
              Junior: That's right, dude. See, y'all been trying to keep the black man down, and string him out on that ****. But the time be's comin, my man, when the black man? Throw that yoke off. Simple - free your mind, your ass will follow.
              Bunny: Yeah, I can dig it, man. You smoke that ****, everything kind of gets weird, you know what I mean? You hear that story about the ****s putting chemicals in the grass, so we don't fight? So we become pacifists?
              Junior: Hey, but don't you worry, Bunny, 'cause you's a killer anyway, man.
              Bunny: Yeah, but I still like a piece of ***** once in a while. Ain't nothing like a piece of *****, except maybe the Indy 500.
              Junior: Only way you get some *****, man, is if a ***** dies and wills it to you, and then, maybe.

Now, many hold themselves back. Great point, free your mind, your axx will follow.

Comment

Working...
              X