No announcement yet.

Your Best Heavyweight Fights of the Last Ten Years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Best Heavyweight Fights of the Last Ten Years

Since 2006 to now, what are your favourite heavyweight fights and why?

First off for me there's the modern day classic Lamon Brewster vs Sergei Lyakhovich. An absolute throwback of a fight with plenty of to and fro and tons of heavy leather thrown by both sides. Pity both guys were never quite the same after this, but for this one night alone they should be applauded.

Second I'm going to nominate Marco Huck vs Alexander Povetkin. Huck brought up his cruiserweight mentality to the heavyweights and nearly stunned the world in a razor thin fight that saw both fighters battling right down to the wire. Povetkin, with his polish and skill, was unable to cope with the sheer aggression of Huck, and was nearly out on his feet on a number of occasions. Nonetheless, his heart and champion mentality saw him rally back to nick the decision.

Third I'm going to have to vote for my man Tyson Fury against Steve USS Cunningham, another cruiserweight with a heavyweight punch. Fury came in ****y and overconfident and found himself decked in the second amidst chants of USA, USA! But his sheer grit and determination allowed him to come back and knock Steve out in the seventh in an extremely gutsy and physical fight.

I won't go on, but a couple of other mentions: Ortiz vs Jennings, Wilder vs Duhaupas (I actually thought this was a really exciting fight), Arreola vs Walker, Perez vs Mago (still haven't rewatched this one, but from what I remember it was a barnburner), Haye vs Barrett, Povetkin vs Takam, Szpilka vs Mollo, Fury vs Klitschko.

Any more?

Not a lot of classics,, but I will say

Peter-mccline
    Peter-toney 1
    Arreola-stiverne 1
    Fury-Cunningham
    Cunningham-Mansour
    Haye-chisora
    Povetkin-huck

Comment

Liakhovich-Brewster. Pretty much ended both as durable fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Not a lot of classics,, but I will say

Peter-mccline
        Peter-toney 1
        Arreola-stiverne 1
        Fury-Cunningham
        Cunningham-Mansour
        Haye-chisora
        Povetkin-huck
        nice list.

Comment