Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise, surprise, Donaire continues to duck Rigo. .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by George Nada View Post
    Look at it this way. What if back in the early 70's Teofilo Stevenson who was considered one of the greatest amateur boxers of all time left Cuba and came to the States to fight Ali? And in that fight Ali would beat him. We would be talking about that fight whenever we would bring up all of Ali's accomplishments. Regardless if Stevenson didn't have a pro career Ali beating that legendary amateur would have been one of his greatest victories.

For what it's worth I really don't care who wins out of Donaire and Rigo. I just want to see a good even match where both fighters have an equal chance of winning. But for Donaire to say what he is saying now to avoid Rigo is utter BS. Fight the guy..
    ^^^^ I'm stealing this

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      He's obviously lying cause he keeps saying he wants no parts of Rigo. Last fight he said "Rigondeaux... maybe." Tonight he went to his old excuse, "he needs to prove himself."
      What he should of said was...

but, he didn't. He came up with another excuse. From who is this guy to he hasn't fought anyone to he wouldn't be entertaining to he priced himself out to he needs to fight more....

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
        Exactly. He's made it clear he wants no part of Rigo. He's dropped all the hints in the world to make his intent perfectly clear, aside from straight up saying "I'm ducking Rigo."

I remember I kept asking him about it on his page, and actually got him to respond to me (this was right after the Vazquez fight back in March or something), and he said "I've told BOb, and Cameron to makae the fight, but they said I was lined up for all of 2012 already." So I said "well, what about early, mid 2013"? and he said "I'll have to talk to Top Rank, and Cameron."
        Can't say I am terribly surprised.

Comment

• Rigo called Donaire a C0cksucker lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            Wasn't aware Donaire was fighting Mares. Damn Mares has changed a lot. I didn't know he came from Japanese background.
            Nishioka was the WBC super bantamweight champion for three years and never lost the title in the ring.
            Mares just got the vacant title by beating the 37 year old Eric Morel. You understand how the WBC works.

Comment

• Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
              ^^^^ I'm stealing this
              Use it to your hearts content because it is true.

Comment

• "rigo doesn't excite me i have to be excited when i fight" some bull**** like that. yea it was cringeworthy. and donaire was sayin it with a straight face too. even roy probably thought that was shameless.

Comment

Use it to your hearts content because it is true.
                  One of the truest things I've ever read on this site (in my short time ) ... I don't know how giving "karma" or "points" to people works (never bothered ) (not that I have any to give lol ) but you deserve all the points/karma EVER !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                    One of the truest things I've ever read on this site (in my short time ) ... I don't know how giving "karma" or "points" to people works (never bothered ) (not that I have any to give lol ) but you deserve all the points/karma EVER !!!
                    Thanks I really appreciate that. Don't worry about the karma stuff. As you can see I don't have nearly as much as the more established posters on here. Gotta long way to go myself on this site.

Comment

Thanks I really appreciate that. Don't worry about the karma stuff. As you can see I don't have nearly as much as the more established posters on here. Gotta long way to go myself on this site.
                      Shit, you deserve some green just for having Rowdy Piper from They Live in your avi.

Comment

Working...
                      X