Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Album would you consider the best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Rabbit Punch- View Post
    I like the Eminem who expressed his vivid and sick imagination through masterful rhyming and story telling. I always wanted him to go back to that style, but it's been so long I think it would sound too forced and fake.

As the World Turns

My Fault

Guilty Conscience

97' Bonnie & Clyde

Stan

Kim
    Yeah, I'd just like to see him come to some kind of 'less is more' state.

I don't care what the stories are about, they can be mundane for all I care, he can even sit on the porch and write rhymes about getting older and going to Homebase on a Sunday, I just want him to tell stories again.

Make an Eminem album that doesn't feel like it's trying to live up to being an event. Deflate the event.

Comment

Originally posted by R O A ☪ View Post
      Yeah, I'd just like to see him come to some kind of 'less is more' state.

I don't care what the stories are about, they can be mundane for all I care, he can even sit on the porch and write rhymes about getting older and going to Homebase on a Sunday, I just want him to tell stories again.

Make an Eminem album that doesn't feel like it's trying to live up to being an event. Deflate the event.
      Yep agree, the guys got monster talent and story telling to me is always the best way to show it off. Also, his delivery is the same on every song now when before it was so diverse. You'd get crazy, serious, angry, goofy, soft tone, stern tone, all in one album (sometimes in one song)... Now he's got the same delivery where he sounds bitter and angry on every song.

It seems it's been progressing like that since his debut. Every album had a more serious tone than the last. I really think it kinda clouds him and fucks up his creativity.

I also haven't really liked the production on his last few albums.

Comment

Eric B. & Rakim- Follow the Leader — Lots of sentimental value for me, was listening to this when hip-hop was sorta kinda still new to me. Rakim was lethal on this and there was a lot of mystique surrounding this album for me.

The Notorious B.I.G.- Ready to die
        - Great album no doubt, the younger version of Biggie sounding hungry and crazy as ****. The depressing ending though makes it hard for me to listen all the way through sometimes.

Mobb Deep- The Infamous - Incredible album (original version of "Temperature's Rising" was unbelievable but they couldn't clear the sample), but I think I prefer Hell On Earth more (even though that album is certainly depressing as **** too).

Nas- illmatic - Classic of course, but like it's been said a million times, it's too damn short. You count the intro and "Halftime" and the album is less than 30 minutes of new material. It's still enjoyable, but it's like an appetizer not a full course meal.

Eminem- Infinite - Em got so much better and this is just a demo.

Jay-Z- Reasonable Doubt - Impressive debut with some really great music but I don't know what it is about Jay-Z... when I'm listening to him I usually think he's great (when he's not switching up his flow unnecessarily), but when he's not rapping I'm not really interested in dude. Still, an outstanding record.

Comment

illimatic was the bomb such an amazing album, nas is the truth.

Comment

Jay Z is an overrated hypejob.

The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory is better than anything Jay has ever done.

From the list above, I'd go with "Illmatic". I've heard that album in full dozens of times. Nas is a beast.

Comment

Working...
            X