Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What level of fighter is Shannon Briggs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powerful in the first round but elderly and asthmatic. He'd probably lose to the version of Homer Simpson who outlasted all those hobos.

Comment

Steroid-tier.

Comment

Originally posted by BromethuesBob View Post
        Steroid-tier.
        God dammit bruh you even copied my new avatar.. Got me on dam tilt lol
        Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 02-28-2016, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Powerful in the first round but elderly and asthmatic. He'd probably lose to the version of Homer Simpson who outlasted all those hobos.

Comment

Is his prime he was B level. He was a fringe contender in the top 15-20. Now he is a C level journeyman. At his best he beat all the C level guys & he really only had a few good wins on his resume. He pulled off a miracle title win over Liakhovich with 1 second to go in a fight he was clearly losing. He beat an old Ray Mercer. He got a gift against Foreman where everyone on the planet thought he clearly lost. He got a disputed draw with Francois Botha. He lost to Ibragimov, Lennox, Vitali, McCline & to 2 guys he had no business losing to in Sedrick Fields & then unbeaten Marion Wilson. He was good at hyping fights & talking trash. If he didn't get that gift decision over Foreman who knows where he would of ended up? That win got his name on the map. He was suppose to be just another young HW that was carefully selected by Foreman to keep the HBO money train rolling at 48. He wasn't suppose to win.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              I have never understood the a b and c grading system. Go to boxrec. They rank every pro heavyweight in the world. Briggs is rated 50th in the world if I remember correctly.His last 5 opponents are rated between 200th and 300th in the world. In other words he cherry picks bums that have no chance to win. He was slaughtered by Vitali years ago and only landed 7 punches in the entire fight. He is no more of a serious threat to the heavyweight champions than Bruno is.
              The A level guys are the legit top 10 guys. B level fighters are fringe contenders like Chisora, Rossy & Arreola. They beat all the journeymen & are evenly matched with other B level guys but when they step in with the top 10 guys they lose. C level are journeymen like Gbenga Oloukan, Kevin Johnson & Mike Mollo. They are evenly matched with other journeymen & can give the B & A guys a good nights work & occasionally pull the odd upset over B guys. D level are your trialhorse guys that everyone fights & nobody loses to. Tomato Cans are below that... That's how I rate them...
              Last edited by joe strong; 02-28-2016, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X