No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia: Matthysse Had Never Gone Through Adversity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Before the fight was even signed, WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia (27-0, 16KOs) was fully aware that Lucas Matthysse was a dangerous puncher (34-3, 32KOs), but he also viewed him as a boxer who never went through adversity in any of his fights. Danny says his father and trainer, Angel Garcia, put together a perfect game place to nullify Matthysse's power.

The game plan worked, with Garcia winning a twelve round unanimous decision over Matthysse on Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Garcia practically closed Matthysse's eye in the sixth round and then dropped him in the eleventh.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    are you saying KTFO mike dallas jr. wasn't adversity.

Comment

Vivian Harris disagrees.

Comment

I bet Floyd ducks Matthysse.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I was very, very surprised by how Lucas basically lost his composure and gameplan when the eye shut. He lost the fight in those three rounds when and after the eye closed.

That above all else is why Danny won IMO, he was the more disciplined and composed fighter.
          Matthysse declined from the moment his eye started to shut. Before then, the fight was close; after that, Garcia started to pull away. Seeing out of one eye has a terrible effect on your defense and, therefore, your confidence. It's not like people practice fighting with one eye closed.

Danny impressed me with this fight...very textbook. He took the shots he needed to and never got ahead of himself. This was a solid victory versus a dangerous opponent. Nice job.

Comment

Garcia's win didn't really surprise me. I called Danny as the winner before the fight even happened. Matthysee has never been in the ring with a puncher, and that night we saw the real Matthysse..just a bullfighter with no boxing technique.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
              Vivian Harris disagrees.

Danny telling the truth, Matthysse fans dont acknowledge this and has erased the Harris debacle from their memory

Getting beat 3/4 of the fight, and almost getting knocked out the ring is enough to learn Matthyse fans, LM is a badddddddd man.....................

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                People forget that Holt landed some flush left hooks on Garcia, and Garcia took them well. Say what you may about Holt but the man can punch. Matthysse was never gonna get it done with one shot, well at least I didn't think so.

100000000% correct! People have short memories - Holt hits VERY hard! In my opinion harder than Matthysse.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid8Fire View Post
                  Garcia's win didn't really surprise me. I called Danny as the winner before the fight even happened. Matthysee has never been in the ring with a puncher, and that night we saw the real Matthysse..just a bullfighter with no boxing technique.
                  I wouldn't go that far. Matthysse relies heavily on his power and aggression, but he's not unskilled.

Comment

Judah had Garcia more hurt from one straight left than Matthysse had with a bunch of punches. Matthysse is gritty, hits hard and has gained better technique over his last handful of fights...but these little kids here on this board have over-sold him.

It will be interesting to see if Matthysse decides to stay at 140 or move up to 147.

Matthysse/Garcia vs. Thurmann would be a good scrap.
                    Last edited by Main Source; 09-16-2013, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                      Vivian Harris disagrees.

But they controversially ended the fight right after that, so he really didn't have to fight with the eye that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X