No announcement yet.

New study reveals boxing's fan base has almost doubled this decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by croz View Post
    BN and Primetime will only hurt boxing more. They need more network deals like what Channel 5 is doing and Sky sports backing away from PPV for a bit has helped.
    Yes i agree, im not a subscriber to BN (Mainly because i think Warrens a tool) but the channel itself is doing reasonably ok..already passing its subscription target for the year.. this will only emplore SP and C5 more maybe to deliver boxing on non subscription. Lets hope anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TrottsTrembler View Post
      Yes i agree, im not a subscriber to BN (Mainly because i think Warrens a tool) but the channel itself is doing reasonably ok..already passing its subscription target for the year.. this will only emplore SP and C5 more maybe to deliver boxing on non subscription. Lets hope anyway.
      Channel 5 will likely continue to drag in some B-listers. So far they have Fury, Eubank Junior and DeGale pulling in some solid numbers.

How many subscribers have Boxnation now?

The other reason boxing is on the increase in the UK is because boxing is now taught in schools.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
        Channel 5 will likely continue to drag in some B-listers. So far they have Fury, Eubank Junior and DeGale pulling in some solid numbers.

How many subscribers have Boxnation now?

The other reason boxing is on the increase in the UK is because boxing is now taught in schools.
        Not too sure of exact figures, but i was watching an interview with Warren, were he explained there annual projection is from march every year, and apparantley they have hit target already. Make of it what you will. They do have some decent fighters on BN..i know Maloney has joined now.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
          That's about right. I know I watch in a group of people, it's a lot more fun having a few drinks debating the fight while its going on that sitting home alone watching it. When Floyd fought Cotto we had about 20 people there partying and enjoying the fight. Granted it depends on the fight, we had about 10 for Broners fight the other day. I'd say just number of PPV sold or viewers turned in is being very generous. As for people being fans of boxing, it's a lot different than religious viewers. I know a lot of people who know superstars and up and comers, but most fans aren't going to know much about the journeyman and such. It's just how it works.
          Yea I like watching boxing in a group for the for the fun of it ... I like watching it the next day to score the fight lol ... Too much **** going on when there's a big group of people

Comment

Boxing viewership is owned by latinos worldwide true and proven fact.I do notice around me there's more boxing being talked about then there was a couple of years ago.Everything from casual to hardcore fans.It's like a chime ringing in you're ear immediately when you hear some boxing talk at a store line.

Comment

Were are all a bunch of freaks who love this sport.

Comment

Maybe it's cause of more availability of boxing on the internet ... now more mofos can actually watch it

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  50 million fans but they can't break 2 mil viewers on non PPV? How the hell did they come to that number? LOL
                  The numbers seem shotty to me. They look pretty random actually. Like some one just pulled it out of their ass.

Comment

Unfortunately, the influx of new fans has dropped the average IQ in the boxing community.

Comment

Correction about the MMA demographic in the OP. I said it's around 10 million but it was measured as 32 million in 2010, that's when MMA was at its peak so it's likely decreased a bit since then.

Originally posted by nysoxfan84 View Post
                      Unfortunately, the influx of new fans has dropped the average IQ in the boxing community.
                      There are websites that let you look back at sites spanning a few years. On one you can see Boxingscene as it was in 2003 and it's packed full of Tyson vs Ali threads and "Lewis is boring" threads.

Comment

Working...
                      X