No announcement yet.

Why do Brits sing for their fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Brits sing for their fighters?

Are they the only nation that actually sings for their own and when did that tradition start? I think thats so cool!!

because they are some of the best fans in the world & always back their heros or teams win or lose...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      because they are some of the best fans in the world & always back their heros or teams win or lose...
      This is why.

I personally would say they are the best fans there are. They travel in huge groups to support their fighters, and they keep cheering them on even if they lose.

They kept singing Hatton's song for him even as the TKO for Mayweather was being announced. That's loyalty

Comment

Football is our biggest sport and every club has multiple songs that the fans have made, probably passed over to boxing.

Comment

I aways thought they did to show support.

Comment

I wonder how much they are actually paying attention to the details/events of the fight.

Comment

Most boxers have an allegiance to a football club. Which brings all the football fans from that club to watch said boxer and sing there songs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
                Are they the only nation that actually sings for their own and when did that tradition start? I think thats so cool!!
                It's an extension of football (soccer) culture. It does create a great atmosphere at fights it's true.

Comment

As most already commented it relates to football, and the passion that the English fans have for their favorite clubs. If the NBA or MLB was structured like football with the relegation of teams at the end of the year I'm sure it would be more exciting and intersting to me at least.

Comment

Originally posted by mehoe View Post
                    As most already commented it relates to football, and the passion that the English fans have for their favorite clubs. If the NBA or MLB was structured like football with the relegation of teams at the end of the year I'm sure it would be more exciting and intersting to me at least.
                    in edmonton our hockey fans are some of the loudest out there. every game is sold out even when we have bad years but when we are in the playoffs the atmosphere in my city is crazy!!!!! that can be said at concerts too, many top acts have said they really enjoyed the atmosphere of the fans here...now if only the fans who don't pay to go to the games would stop complaining ....i don't like soccer but would go to a game in england if i was there...

Comment

Working...
                    X