No announcement yet.

37,000 tickets + sold for Klitschko/Mormeck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Valero 27-0 View Post
    In Germany probably. Couldn't fill out a small High School gym in American I bet.
    Who cares about America? Only good fighter out of the US is Mayweather these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      If Hasselhoff can be a celebrity in Germany so can the Klitschko's.

It's like Germans go ape **** for whatever celebrity they have since they have so few.

A LOT of Europeans are nationalists as well, so it's not surprising there are so many fans of Wlad and what he represents for them. Wlad is one of the most boring HW Champs of all time (at least top 3), it's why he isn't popular in America at all.
      Damn that's one heck of a stupid post.

Comment

That's great!

Comment

David Haye vs Audley Harrison sold about 18,000 at the MEN arena, eh.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Europe is not a country, it is a continent consisting of 50 countries. So comparing the Klistchkos in Europe to Pac and Floyd in the US is ridiculous

Second of all Germany doesnt carry PPV so thats another thing that doesnt makes sense. When people say PPV for a Klitschko fight, they mean its a foreign country like England and i think Poland, so im not sure what you mean by "its not even close".

believe me man, if they could get 60-70 bucks per viewing and make money like floyd and manny they would. in germany, the UK, or anywhere else.

but they cant. you come to the US for that.

i'd say wladimir is probably the third biggest cash cow in the sport

he still does not make money in the same atmosphere as floyd mayweather and manny pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
              Who cares about America? Only good fighter out of the US is Mayweather these days.

not sure if you were watching but andre ward kicked dogsh#t out of mikkell kessler

google it

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                believe me man, if they could get 60-70 bucks per viewing and make money like floyd and manny they would. in germany, the UK, or anywhere else.

but they cant. you come to the US for that.

i'd say wladimir is probably the third biggest cash cow in the sport

he still does not make money in the same atmosphere as floyd mayweather and manny pacquiao.
                I believe that he is number 3 as well.

But they are into a bunch of business ventures....property owners etc...Have a multivitamin, promote a gym brand........they do a lot of things.

But from fighting I'm sure Floyd and Manny make more.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                  and when Wlad and Vitali fought in USA people came out.

Name me American Boxers that can sell out even 10k in USA. 1 person? Look at most Devon Alexander, Timothy Bradley, Ward fights, there's like 70 people in the crowd.

Klitschko's do 30k + everytime in Germany (venue providing), if they come to MSG this they will sell the place out
                  The USA is DONE as a top player in the HW division. No one is coming close to the level of talent developing in Europe/Asia. Why even stage the fights in a market that just can't compete?

USA HW are more concerned with competing in Man vs. Food than becoming actual decent contenders.

Comment

Here are some numbers that Haye apparently did on PPV alone in the UK on Sky.

800k for Valuev
                    600k for Ruiz
                    600k for Harrison

They are not official, so I would imagine Wlad vs Haye did 800K+

800K ppv + 40K+ watching is big beer and i don't care how anyone wants to slice it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
                      If Europeans are so nationalist than K Bros would only be popular in Ukraine...not Germany and everywhere else...

Do you know what nationalist means???

Holy **** some of you guys are just challenged...

How can their nationality be the biggest thing?

They are Ukrainians fighting in Germany, how would this make Germans like them on nationality basis? There is no "EURO PRIDE", a German is a German and a Frenchman is a Frenchman, and a Brit is Brit...

There is more in common and more unity between an Asian, Black and White Americans than there is between an Italian and a Spaniard.....by a factor of 1000.

Ukrainian Communists captured Berlin in WWII for Christ's sake...

The only instance of a group or two people identifying as "European" as in some kind of brethren like context would be if they met in a foreign place somewhere in Asia, or wait......America......some place where they stand out enough to be considered different. Then they would say "we are Europeans."
                      Then why are they so huge over there, but over here they can't even get on HBO anymore? You're not fooling anybody.

Comment

Working...
                      X