Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does having sex really affect my preparation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearly, if you're abstaining from sex you are not having a release of energy (physical and emotional) - sure it feels good if you have that release but your physical performance in terms of training and stuff is not going to be as good as it could be - think of it in terms of this analogy: imagine you are downloading a big file on your computer and every time it get to like 20%, you have sex and you release the built up energy and you release it, and you go back to let's say 0%. If you have long periods of building up that energy and allow the 'download to reach 100%' you'll be functioning better due to that higher level of energy in your body.

Another theory is 'Having sex decreases your competitive motivation, and doing it before a fight may take away your motivation to succeed'
    The point is: having sex takes away your motivation to succeed, it weakens your competitive spirit. By already having the REAL reward of success, you lose the desire to fight for it.

However, I guess it's different for some people...hard to say, you will probably be fine for now but I guess most pros use that method of keeping away from it for important fights. Is this your first amateur bout or?

Anyway, good luck man, experiment with it...try building up for a fight either way and see what works best for you.
    Last edited by PainfromUkraine; 02-07-2014, 06:45 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE]
      Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
      Well whatever works for you! Of course you'll still get hard-ons for as long as you are a young functioning male, but I'd bet my life that you wouldn't be able to have as many ejaculations a week as an otherwise similarly healthy male of similar age with a regular sex drive when you do return to, err.......regular relief.
      im still get as many hard-ons as before.
      when i return to regular relief , thats gonna be one lucky chick.

I'd be surprised if your bodies testosterone levels were as high.....and the training benefits of high testosterone levels are not to be overlooked.
      im convinced that my testosterone levels are through the roof given how horny i am and my progression in strength levels has been very good.
      There is a lot to be said for abstinence of any pleasure in life (junk food, alcohol, drugs, cigarettes)...........but no ejaculations since September is extreme; really extreme! Surely you must have had full blown wet dreams since then. If you've had not a single ejaculation for over four months, I'd be a little worried if things were still working.
      everything is working as good as before. i had my first ever wet dream during this period of abstinence and it was intense. i think ive had around 3 total.
      Incidentally I'm a lot older than you, am married (so sex is a tad more frequent than every four months!) and regularly run sub 5 minute miles on road and track in proper timed races without any help from sexual abstinence. I too train like a beast and am happy to report that higher testosterone levels from a regular sex life might be responsible for helping my athletic performances at a greater heritage in life. I certainly rate short term sexual abstinence for two or three weeks maximum before an event such as a fight, competition etc.
      impressive times. i ran 4 min 30 mile today. im only pointing that out to show my progression. my training isnt geared towards maximising my 1 mile time.

If you're young and as good looking as you say why abstain for so long? If you were to ask me I'd say your drive has diminished to the point at which ladies have become something that your quite happy to do without. What a pity!!! I'm only joking a touch here, its hard to convey playful humour by text sometimes.
      lol no way! its hard to abstain, trust me. i dont even jerk off. when i went to the gym today, i got a hard-on when a chick sat on the cycling machine next to me. im doing it , as i said, as a personal challenge, to teach myself discipline, to teach myself priorities and to have my goal being getting into a relationship rather than having 1 night stands.

If your reasons are religious, then you only have my highest respect......but this doesn't rule out 'jerking off' as you put it.
      its not religious.

Frankly I think its time to return to what its healthy for guys in their 20s to do.........and I think you'll smash your running times and train harder whilst enjoying life a little more.

my progression in training has been very good. im vegetarian and dont take supplements so its hard to get the protein but i look alright. i am stronger than i look and i think that proves my testosterone levels are high and ill prove it. tell me any exercise and ill video it . i havent tried out squats or deadlifts yet but choose running, pullups, pulldowns, bicep curls, tricep dips, leg press .

Comment

Ha ha

To be honest if you are having sex when you should be getting good quality rest and sleep before a competition, then it probably isn't ideal! Sleep, eating right and recovery from training is very important. There is a valid argument that having sex does help sleep, but doing it several times a night or simply having long marathon sessions probably is counter effective. It'll leave you exhausted (not just your legs!).

The old belief was that in starving yourself from sex would mean that you were frustrated, more angry, nasty and pent up for a fight. Its probably true; if your body is used to having sex several times a day, then a couple of weeks without will make you one moody sod and much more likely to be aggressive in the ring!

But the longer you go without sex after a few weeks can be counter productive too; eventually the body gets used to not supporting a regular sex drive and testosterone levels drop!

If you weren't having regular sex, or at the very least some form of regular sexual release for quite a while then I'd say you would probably benefit from the boost to testosterone levels that a sudden increase in sexual activity would bring!

Its clearly not an exact science, but I reckon that for an individual in your position, a good week off before fight night could be very beneficial.......
        This is what I was thinking at first look of the thread title, I would think it would help performance if anything.

Comment

[QUOTE=jas;14215508]

im still get as many hard-ons as before.
          when i return to regular relief , thats gonna be one lucky chick.

im convinced that my testosterone levels are through the roof given how horny i am and my progression in strength levels has been very good.

everything is working as good as before. i had my first ever wet dream during this period of abstinence and it was intense. i think ive had around 3 total.

impressive times. i ran 4 min 30 mile today. im only pointing that out to show my progression. my training isnt geared towards maximising my 1 mile time.

lol no way! its hard to abstain, trust me. i dont even jerk off. when i went to the gym today, i got a hard-on when a chick sat on the cycling machine next to me. im doing it , as i said, as a personal challenge, to teach myself discipline, to teach myself priorities and to have my goal being getting into a relationship rather than having 1 night stands.

its not religious.

my progression in training has been very good. im vegetarian and dont take supplements so its hard to get the protein but i look alright. i am stronger than i look and i think that proves my testosterone levels are high and ill prove it. tell me any exercise and ill video it . i havent tried out squats or deadlifts yet but choose running, pullups, pulldowns, bicep curls, tricep dips, leg press .

You'll always get hard-ones for as long as you have a full set of sacks.......which you clearly do have after such abstinence. This is not a measure of drive or testosterone. its no surprise that you are horny. Any guy at full measure is! When you do return to sexual activity or jerking off I'll bet that you won't be able to have anything like as many orgasms in a week as a genetically identical guy who has remained sexually active. The first couple of times will be incredible......but you might need a surprising wait before erection, let alone orgasm number three. Ha ha

The body will probably have become used to not supporting the sperm and semen production necessary for an individual with a healthy sex drive. Four months is a long time! Having the reduced protein of a vegetarian diet won't be helping things either.

Remember too that sperm only live a short amount of time too. I think its a few days to a week from what I've read. Its why women who have had sex up to a week before ovulation can still fall pregnant. But if you have only had three wet dreams in four months, then at any given time you could have quite a number of dead sperm sitting in your sacks.......a very sexy thought!

But its good that you're looking for a relationship, you certainly are exercising discipline of sorts. But you don't need to abstain for so long to improve strength or running times. Trust me on that one!

But please refrain from quoting 4 min 30 running times for one mile. Treadmill or not, only extremely competent club level runners reach such a time on track or road. You've issued the claim that you'll video your training.........If you can honestly run 4 x 400m plus the 9 extra metres (totalling an accurate mile) on a measured athletics track without a break and film your success, I'll be gobsmacked.........do something funny at the finish like give us the middle finger to prove that its you.

But forgetting the last paragraph, I don't doubt that you are fit and strong. But I really don't think four months abstinence will be doing your training any favours.

PainfromUkraine has some good points. Its more than likely that four or five days will take a man to 100% rather than four months though.

If you jerked off twice a day for a calendar month then stopped abruptly. Your training would probably be amazing about a week to ten days after.......

Comment

[QUOTE=Sugarj;14215789]
            Originally posted by jas View Post

You'll always get hard-ones for as long as you have a full set of sacks.......which you clearly do have after such abstinence. This is not a measure of drive or testosterone. its no surprise that you are horny. Any guy at full measure is! When you do return to sexual activity or jerking off I'll bet that you won't be able to have anything like as many orgasms in a week as a genetically identical guy who has remained sexually active. The first couple of times will be incredible......but you might need a surprising wait before erection, let alone orgasm number three. Ha ha

The body will probably have become used to not supporting the sperm and semen production necessary for an individual with a healthy sex drive. Four months is a long time! Having the reduced protein of a vegetarian diet won't be helping things either.

Remember too that sperm only live a short amount of time too. I think its a few days to a week from what I've read. Its why women who have had sex up to a week before ovulation can still fall pregnant. But if you have only had three wet dreams in four months, then at any given time you could have quite a number of dead sperm sitting in your sacks.......a very sexy thought!

But its good that you're looking for a relationship, you certainly are exercising discipline of sorts. But you don't need to abstain for so long to improve strength or running times. Trust me on that one!

But please refrain from quoting 4 min 30 running times for one mile. Treadmill or not, only extremely competent club level runners reach such a time on track or road. You've issued the claim that you'll video your training.........If you can honestly run 4 x 400m plus the 9 extra metres (totalling an accurate mile) on a measured athletics track without a break and film your success, I'll be gobsmacked.........do something funny at the finish like give us the middle finger to prove that its you.

But forgetting the last paragraph, I don't doubt that you are fit and strong. But I really don't think four months abstinence will be doing your training any favours.

PainfromUkraine has some good points. Its more than likely that four or five days will take a man to 100% rather than four months though.

If you jerked off twice a day for a calendar month then stopped abruptly. Your training would probably be amazing about a week to ten days after.......
            man, you got me worried now lol....i wont be able to get it up after the first coupla times when i return?!!

and i wont have be able to impregnate my future wife?!?!

i can try to video myself on a treadmill if you want brah. and ill prove its me.

the abstinence is making me go into beastmode at the gym. it may be diferent for diferent people.

Comment

[QUOTE=jas;14215817]

man, you got me worried now lol....i wont be able to get it up after the first coupla times when i return?!!

and i wont have be able to impregnate my future wife?!?!

i can try to video myself on a treadmill if you want brah. and ill prove its me.

the abstinence is making me go into beastmode at the gym. it may be diferent for diferent people.
              Don't worry about the treadmill video matey. I only do my running training on road and track and can only judge competence there......a treadmill forces you to run a certain pace. If sure its still difficult but its different on track when you dictate your own propulsion. Its the only true measure of where an individual is at in terms of mile times.

I'm sure you'll be able to impregnate your future wife!

But, its logical to expect your drive to be a little low for a while after returning to activity. Your body will be used to sending what little protein it amasses from your vegetarian diet to your muscles to recover from your heavy training. A few weeks with a new girlfriend or even good old 'Palm'ela 'Hand'erson with reduced training and you'll probably be back to a normal drive. But I wouldn't expect too much in week one......

Comment

Short answer, no. There has been a number of research projects and medical tests done regarding sex and athletic performance and the conclusion has the conclusion is sex does not have a negative effect on athletic performance.

In fact, there have actually been a couple of studies that suggest that sex actually benefits athletic performance. (But most researchers write this off as totally inconclusive and that finding probably has more to do with psychology more so than physiology. Another way of explaining it would be discovering that wearing a lucky shirt results in better athletic performance. Obviously it isn***8217;t that the shirt has any magical powers but rather the fact you believe it does raises your confidence level.)

But again, no. It has no negative effect and probably no effect at all.

Comment

Thanks for the answers guys, I haven't done many things different I'm just getting my full rest every night and giving up long sessions for now. I think the idea of having sex as a reward sounds nice and a goal to keep making me work hard. This is my first fight, and I want to see what works and what doesn't.

My girl just had her period so I had a week to test the no sex training.As far as performance, I didn't necessarily feel any different. I still felt like I had good stamina and good energy levels even at the end of the week(a little better than a week before) although I think this has to do with getting the proper rest not so much the fact that I abstained from sexual activities .

My fight was postponed until March don't know why, but for those interested I will try to upload it here so I can get some constructive criticism with harsh people.

Comment

Working...
                  X