Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is David Haye Treated Differently By The U.K Becuase He's Black?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

froch does not get more props than haye damn no one here really cares about froch why the hell do ppl seem to think the uk is a racist country its one of the most ethnically diverse country if not the most in the world

bruno and benn where as black as they come and they were are loved here

peope need to stop acting as if the few racist or bised uk posters on this site talk for our country?

on a side note some of you realy need to stop spouting **** about stuff you clearly do not know about

Comment

Originally posted by The_Visitation View Post
      There's a big difference between 'love', respect, and hype. Haye and Khan are hyped (and remember in Haye's case he does the hyping himself) because they are viewed as highly marketable potential money-making machines, as much for image and personality as boxing accomplishment. Froch just didn't have that potential, at least until the 'super-six'.

Cooper and Bruno are far better 'loved' than Haye will ever be, although he has already actually achieved far more than either of them.

And Lennox Lewis has more respect than any of them as a boxer (and rightfully so), but he was never 'loved' or even, really, ever hyped, although I suppose a HW champ of that stature doesn't really need hype.

Whereas poor old Clinton, who I've already mentioned, was/is neither loved, hyped or even particularly respected outside the boxing fraternity. In the recognition stakes he makes Chad Dawson look like Mohammed Ali.
      Agreed but in this case I was talking about Froch. I wasn't aware that there was a great amount of support for him, be it hype, respect, love or whatever. Using him as an example basically works against the thread starter's argument.

Khan and Haye have plenty of supporters as well as haters. The reaction seemed to be fairly neutral towards Froch until his latest run and he isn't exactly the biggest name in British boxing even now.

Comment

Originally posted by rskumm21 View Post
        I notice he gets a lot of love from U.K. fans, but seems to get just as much, if not more hate. Guys like Carl Froch and Ricky Hatton are more respected than he is, yet they are all on the same level as far as boxing skills. I can see maybe why Hatton is more loved because he's a bit more humble, but Froch talks even more trash than Haye and somehow gets more props. I always got the impression that there was less racism toward blacks in the U.K. than there is in the states. Is this true? Is Haye judged on a different set of standards because of the color of his skin?
        Nah. Benn, Eubank, Lennox, Bruno, Watson, etc. All those guys were respected. Being black / half black makes very little difference. Of course, there will be a few meatheads who focus on his color, but the majority won't.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

rasicm between blacks and whites isn't much of a big deal here like it is in the US.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs077 View Post
              no hes treated possibly with more hate since he is obnoxiously hansome and arrogant.
              haye good looking...ill assum you are comparing him to veluev because hayes no brad pitt...he looks terrible imo...what the ****s that awful goatee he has going on..

Comment

Working...
              X