Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britain vs US, who invented the best sports and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
    It is true that you guys are good at the olympics for sure, but in the past you have had some famous juicers.

With a population of 307 million, you do good.
    We have 62 million and do good for that.
    Ausrtalia's population 22.3 million, yet england managed to get 1 more medal than the aussies, so tell me again what does the population have to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
      Ausrtalia's population 22.3 million, yet england managed to get 1 more medal than the aussies, so tell me again what does the population have to do with it.

lol it obviously does if you've got a pop of 300m there's a larger talent pool.

Here's olympic medals by population notice where the US is...

http://simon.forsyth.net/olympics.html

Australia 5th, UK 15th, US -33rd

Comment

Of course popualtion has things to do with it. Will a population of 100 get 200 medals?

Use your brain!

Australia is a very good sports orientated counbtry and for it's population it has done great.

But anyway what has the Olympics got to do with what country has invented sport? If you want to play that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Repeddled View Post
          wtf has the league got to do with the national team? League teams can have foreign players.
          According to you guys, the English invented soccer, yet when the world comes together, you guys suck.

Imagine if the USA basketball team lost every year, you guys would be claiming shenanigans.

See the difference, when our best show up, we win. When Englands best show up, they lose.

Comment

According to you guys, the English invented soccer, yet when the world comes together, you guys suck.

Imagine if the USA basketball team lost every year, you guys would be claiming shenanigans.

See the difference, when our best show up, we win. When Englands best show up, they lose.
            umm I don't think you understand. I know we're **** at national level. You said we have the best league in the world yet we never win the WC. How is that related. Our league is filled with foreign talent. What if NBA was filled with 90% foreign stars who were all better than the Americans mwould the Americans still win at the national level??

Comment

Originally posted by Repeddled View Post
              Nope not on the BBC maybe on the ones that have adverts but the BBC is the most respected media organization in the world and has the widest reach globally. I'm not saying it's 100% good shows but as they're run by the taxpayer the quality is vastly superior to other channels.

I've been to your great country. Have seen television shows. Never mentioned BBC. You guys have trash tv just like the states. No doubt you have excellent ones as well ! Millions in Great Britain are glued to those shows just as much as mindless Americans are !!!

Comment

Originally posted by bullq21 View Post
                just keep inventing sports and we will keep dominating them

Which sports would these be?

Comment

Can we stop with the bickering, and all agree that the French suck?

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
                    I've been to your great country. Have seen television shows. Never mentioned BBC. You guys have trash tv just like the states. No doubt you have excellent ones as well ! Millions in Great Britain are glued to those shows just as much as mindless Americans are !!!
                    I'm not denying we have trash TV!!! I'm saying the one we pay a tax for - BBC doesn't ( or better - better quality overall) . Comprende?

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
                      In terms of the tax, it isn#t cheap, but isn't too bad. It's actually a tax for the BBC where we get to see quite a lot of programmmes and use their on line i player where you can choose what to watch.

The BBC has no adverts at all so no interuptions. We certainly don't pay as much for HBO or SHowtime as you guys do compared to our own Satelite companies.

Paying 55,60 dollar PPV for boxing adds up a lot more if you are really into the sport.

In my opinion Baseball is not watchable. It is quite slow and boring to me.

American football again is slow because there are so many damn stoppages. Not watchable in my eyes either.

Excuse me for defending our preferences !!! No issues with the Brits here. Just defending whats ours and our great nation.

Comment

Working...
                      X