Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honorary AUSSIE's-- AUSTRALIAN Hall Of Fame

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crikey Mate! It's a good thing the Mongoose didn't have a bout with a stingray :hah9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
      Crikey Mate! It's a good thing the Mongoose didn't have a bout with a stingray :hah9:

Poet
      No mongooses do better with snakes. He didn't stuff around over here did he....... can you believe the sheer distance he travelled ?????,.. and the space between his bouts.... Archie had more fights in Australia in 3 months than Mayweathers had in 2 and a half years............... lol...lol....lol.........

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano
        McGoorty's real list: 1. Les Darcy 2. Les Darcy 3. Les Darcy.
        Where does all this bitterness come from ????............... Listen mate, did you come on my thread just to say that,.... This thread has NOTHING TO DO WITH DARCY,... or did you just come straight to the back page to diss Les again, either you don't like me or Darcy. I could just come over to your threads and say crap that has nothing do do with anything. Relax son and take it easy, try to keep it reasonable, there's always the possibility of an ignore list,........ I'll give you the benefit of the doubt this time.

Comment

How far away is Antonio Tarver from getting in?

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
            Where does all this bitterness come from ????............... Listen mate, did you come on my thread just to say that,.... This thread has NOTHING TO DO WITH DARCY,... or did you just come straight to the back page to diss Les again, either you don't like me or Darcy. I could just come over to your threads and say crap that has nothing do do with anything. Relax son and take it easy, try to keep it reasonable, there's always the possibility of an ignore list,........ I'll give you the benefit of the doubt this time.
            Yo, chill dude! I was only joking. But you DO seem to have an unnatural obsession with this Darcy fellow. I just can't figure out how anyone can feel so strongly about a boxer that has been dead for so long and that boxed so long ago. But thats your choice. Peace!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
              Yo, chill dude! I was only joking. But you DO seem to have an unnatural obsession with this Darcy fellow. I just can't figure out how anyone can feel so strongly about a boxer that has been dead for so long and that boxed so long ago. But thats your choice. Peace!
              Passion for a real lot of them, not just one,... Darcy's death at 21 and the total lack of recognition outside of this forum. I know he's in every Hall of Fame there is, but they just have a big inauguration and once they're in, they sort of stagnate, at least before they're in they have mass support from people trying to get them there,... if you know what I mean. Besides, I sit by and hear big claims about fighters only half as good,......... I didn't mean to sound angry,...... I may have read more in to some of your comments and took them as criticism,..... like I said man,..... benefit of doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                oh, I forgot,... I'm far from the only one here who feels strongly for long dead fighters, take Greb and Langford fans for instance,,,, it can be hard to argue against them here, because half of the posters have those two as their favorites, you can't win an argument if your outnumbered,.... maybe that's why I get a it too loud.

Comment

A SMILING JACK Goes DownUnder

The Galveston Giant In Australia
                  Jack Johnson had last fought a 10 round draw against the great Joe Jeannette, Big Jack is on a hot streak, he is unbeaten in his last 12 fights. His last loss was by a DQ in rd2 against Joe Jeannette, his previous loss prior to that was against Marvin HART by 20 rd Decision on the 28th of March, 1905.......----------------He arrives in Australia nearly 2 years later to defend his "Coloured Heavyweight title", against Peter FELIX on the 19th of February 1907 at the Gaiety Athletic Hall, SYDNEY........... His next 2 fights are not very well known, maybe because these 2 fights were sandwiched between none other than Joe Jeannette and "Ruby Bob" Fitzsimmons,............. There are no reports other than the cold statistics.......... These were the fights in order the venue and date have already mentioned for the first fight.---
                  Jack Johnson Versus Peter Felix,..... wow, what a great Fight,,,,, Jack Johnson KO in One,.....lol.----------------------------------------------------------------------------,-----Jack Johnson Vs Bill Lang, 4 March, 1907,..Richmond Racecourse, Melbourne,.....Non Title bout :.... Jack Johnson too good for LANG.... JOHNSON By TKO 9........ Jack leaves Australia and his next fight he disposes of Fitz in just 2 rds------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------This next fight when he Goes Back to OZ is his long awaited Title shot with Burns at Rushcutters Bay,,,,, which will soon become known as Sydney Stadium. The Fight was promoted by the RATHER notorious HUGH D. "Huge Deal" McINTOSH,..... who makes bucketloads of cash and set for life. As we all Know Burns was Hugh's human sacrifice....... Here's the short report from BOXREC : ----------- Tommy Burns Vs Jack Johnson, 26 December 1908.----------------the report, to be blank, is unbelievably blunt,:--- "The bout was stopped by police, per prior agreement, decision awarded by the Referee. Rudy Unholz later admitted to Otto Fiorto that he and a pal crawled under the ring prior to the 14th round and shouted to the police to stop the fight. Unholz worked Johnsons corner and had a sizable sum on Jack winning.
                  ------------------ Not very satisfying is it for a legendary fight which has had so much written about it.......... If anybody has a better fight report,.. please post it or provide a link.------------- This was the end of Johnsons visit amongst the koalas,......
                  NEXT UP :--SAM LANGFORD !!!!!!

Comment

And New Heavyweight Champion of Australia

: Sam LANGFORD In AUSTRALIA ;
                    Sam LANGFORD : - Arrives in Australia In 1911 :-- He Arrives as The "Coloured" HW Champion Of The World, A strange Title seeing as Jack JOHNSON was the actual champion, BUT there is another title on offer. Sam has come to Australia promised a shot at the AUSTRALIAN Heavyweight Championship. The Australian title is vacant and Sam has to fight none other than Sam McVEY.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------: 26, December 1911.:-- Sam LANGFORD Vs Sam McVEY :- Sydney Stadium ,:-- Referee, Snowy Baker: - I have no description for these Fights, just a line or so, I will state the facts, and I will search for more Info.:-- Langford loses by 20 round decision. Sam McVey is crowned as Australian Heavyweight Champion. Sam Langford is looking for that title, but it;s McVey's turn.--Sam McVey W20-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------12, February 1912. :- Sam LANGFORD Vs Jim BARRY :- Sydney Stadium :- Non Title Bout :- Sam Langford started strong, Knocking Barry down in the 1st round, But Jim Barry is tough and no slouch, he goes the full 20 rounds and Sam wins the decision... Sam Langford W20.:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------, 8 April 1912 : Australian Heavyweight Title :- Sam LANGFORD Vs Sam McVEY ( Champion ),:- Sydney Stadium, Referee, Arthur Scott :--- This time Sam does enough to earn the judges 20 Round Decision, Sam is no doubt thrilled by become Heavyweight Champion of The,..... Australia, obviously,... Sam Langford W20.:----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 13 May 1912 :-- Sam LANGFORD Vs Jim BARRY :--Athletic Pavilion, Melbourne. :--Non Title bout :-- This time Langford works out Barry's defence and scores a T.K.O. inthe 11th round...... SL. TKO 11.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 27 May 1812 :- Sam LANGFORD Vs Porky Dan FLYNN :-Athletic Stadium, Melbourne :- Another Stoppage, Flynn lasts until the fourteenth... Sam Langford TKO 14,.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------3 August 1912 :- Sam LANGFORD Vs Sam McVEY :-Australian Heavyweight Title, Sydney Stadium :-- Well what did you expect ????.. A KNOCKOUT or something ??. NO, the good news for Sam,.. He Won... Sam Langford W20.,... a re-match is on the cards.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------8 October 1912 :- Sam LANGFORD Vs Sam McVEY :--Australian Heavyweight Title, Exhibition Stadium, Perth :-- A massive Shock !!! Sam McVey claims a foul, but the referee refused to give it, Sam McVey refused to continue,,,,,, Sam Langford retains the title,.. Sam Langford TKO 11.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------26 December 1912 :- Sam LANGFORD Vs Sam McVEY :--Sydney Stadium, referee, Arthur Scott :--- Langford is sensational, Knocking out McVey in the thirteenth...... Sam Langford KO 13.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------15 March 1913 :- Sam LANGFORD Vs Jim BARRY :- Non title bout, Olympic Stadium, Brisbane :-- Sam has now worked Barry out quickly,... the result,..... Sam Langford KO1. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------24 March 1913 :- Sam LANGFORD Vs Sam McVEY :-Australian Heavyweight Title, Olympic Stadium, Brisbane :-- McVey is back in form and the judges can't separate them........... DRAW...----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------19 July 1913 :- Sam LANGFORD Vs Colin BELL :- Australian Heavyweight Title, Rockhampton Stadium :-- Colin BELL pulls off a stunning result, Langford can't stop him,, judges can't separate them... but Sam retains Title,........... DRAW.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sam Langford leaves Australia and is the last time he fights there,......... his next fight was in my mate fightfanSHO's home town, BOSTON (and Sam's), against Porky Dan Flynn
                    Hope you liked it !!!
                    Last edited by McGoorty; 08-21-2011, 08:18 PM. Reason: Add Photo's

Comment

FREDDIE DAWSON, Vs VIC PATRICK--- and Vs Others

Comment

Working...
                      X