No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: I'm The Best Light Heavyweight in My Country

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bellew: I'm The Best Light Heavyweight in My Country

TONY BELLEW continued his march towards another world title shot by beating Edison Miranda – but admitted his latest display was not his best.

The Liverpudlian, 29, stopped his big- hitting Colombian opponent in the ninth round and is now likely to move back on to the world light-heavyweight stage.

But Bellew said he still wasn’t happy with how he had performed, despite proving he had plenty of grit at Alexandra Palace
    [Click Here To Read More]

Unless he starts fighting outside of the UK he could have a problem. He's never gonna win a Lonsdale belt out-right as there's no one to challenge him. Frank Warren won't let Clev re-match him unless he brings a title to the table, so enter Dawson (who might be ready for the taking) Shumenov or Cloud. The only other option is an EBU title fight or Ovill McKenzie again.

Comment

well yeah, id say right now he is tbh

Comment

I've just checked out Bellew's facebook page & McKenzie's called him out for a 3rd time. Surely this could only happen if he were to fight & beat Gutknect for the EBU title.

Comment

warren is holding cleverlys carrier back. i would have to agree with bellow he has faced tougher opposition at this point

clev needs to ditch warren ginger tosser gonna milk him dry against eastern euro bums

Comment

Agreed it a shame as I've met Clev & he's a nice bloke, who wanted a Lonsdale belt out-right. boxrec now have Bellew rated above him.

Comment

Shumenov or Cloud.

Either one beats him.

Comment

Id agree with him at the minute. Bellew and Cleverly are on a similar level for me..but Cleverly isn't moving forward and fighting anyone of note.

Id like to see Bellew face Gutknecht for the European title. It would be a decent fight for the Froch Vs Mack undercard.

Comment

Bellew keeps hollering on about his family and such and I respect any man that provides for his family but fact is he lost against Cleverly and they are both not getting the best opportunities at the top stage level, so stagnation is what it is - they should fight again and simply go for a trilogy if Bellew can pull it off - end of!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
                    Id agree with him at the minute. Bellew and Cleverly are on a similar level for me..but Cleverly isn't moving forward and fighting anyone of note.

Id like to see Bellew face Gutknecht for the European title. It would be a decent fight for the Froch Vs Mack undercard.
                    I wouldn't mind that. Froch/Mack needs some good support to keep me interested for the whole card, and since Bellew has been added to the bill, he needs a good break-out fight to a wider audience.

Comment

Working...
                    X