No announcement yet.

Roc Nation F'ked Up!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roc Nation F'ked Up!

That's what I'm thinking about their deal with Andre ward is brewing to be...

Great fighter, hard to work with, expensive, but no compensation. I'm willing to bet that the guy is earning at least 2M every fight, but roc nation is losing money on him...that's why nobody is hearing anything on this guy. Nobody wants to shell out anymore 2m for his tuneup fights. Pretty sure R&N knows now they F'ked up!

For ward's sake I can't believe he hasn't headline a ppv after four yrs remove from the super six tourney! Just wow...instead he's going to be the undercard...

Originally posted by Kenchiro View Post
    That's what I'm thinking about their deal with Andre ward is brewing to be...

Great fighter, hard to work with, expensive, but no compensation. I'm willing to bet that the guy is earning at least 2M every fight, but roc nation is losing money on him...that's why nobody is hearing anything on this guy. Nobody wants to shell out anymore 2m for his tuneup fights. Pretty sure R&N knows now they F'ked up!

For ward's sake I can't believe he hasn't headline a ppv after four yrs remove from the super six tourney! Just wow...instead he's going to be the undercard...
    Im a Ward fan and personally you cant blame Roc Nation just yet. Ward has made some questionable promotional choices, had he started his career with GBP or TR he wouldve been a star. Him being on a highly anticipated fight card even if its the undercard isnt a shame, I think its a move in the right direction. But if this time next year if Wards a champ again and hes not headlining bouts, the Roc is to blame.

Comment

You can blame Roc.

Jay Z is not bankrupt like Fiddy. He has the resources to get Ward a big fight, if Ward is open to it.

But, Jay Z never does anything if it might lose money. But you gotta think big, be willing to lose some money if you want to make it in the long run. And hopefully just be enough of a fan, that you don't mind losing a bit in the beginning to run your own boxing promo.

Ward's career might be finished.

Comment

I'm pretty sure after wards first fight under R&N they realize he's just not going to bring in much capitals and the nature of his fight selections is just not going to cut it for them. I truly believe if ward doesn't choose to amp up the stakes R&N is just going to let him fizzle out...

And I still can't believe ward Hasn't headline a ppv or gotten bigger 4 yrs after winning the sup six! He had the boxing world at his feet then...

Comment

They ****ed up because they threw money at a guy who doesn't want fight to anymore. Goosen got him anything anyone can ask for and he still b1tched and whined that it wasn't enough. He's either completely delusional about his value or he doesn't want to fight anymore. There's no other reasoning for his actions.

Comment

Well I guess that's why Roc is down to bang out a Kovalev deal with HBO to secure multiple HBO fights instead of going on BET

Comment

I think its early to suggest this. It was long term in Ward's best interest & therefore RN's to have a tune up fight. So that fight was what it was going to be. This fight could help Ward get his name out there (again) as a co-feature to the biggest fight in the sport right now. And its entirely possible after this fight there could be a Kov or GGG fight that'd make all parties involve some solid $$$.

Comment

2 million guarantee to a boring fighter who's not willing to fight anyone good

same exact problem ward had with goosen. goosen would want him to fight good fighters like bute and stevenson and he would say no i want truax and sartison. hbo would be like "is he serious lol"

now he just has a different sucker in roc nation. paul smith? zac dunn? pretend to try and fight ggg when ggg just signed a fight and then lie about it? we know his game.
                Last edited by daggum; 10-08-2015, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                  They ****ed up because they threw money at a guy who doesn't want fight to anymore. Goosen got him anything anyone can ask for and he still b1tched and whined that it wasn't enough. He's either completely delusional about his value or he doesn't want to fight anymore. There's no other reasoning for his actions.
                  Very true about goossen...

Ward complained and acted like he was being mistreated but in reality, goossen took him to the top, undefeated world champ, #2 p4p, super six winner, with an hbo contract plus announcing gig and had just gotten the 175 champ down to 168, plus always got him home field in Oakland..

Ward is basically the derrick rose of boxing..

Comment

I wanna wait and see

Comment

Working...
                    X