Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ref Under More Pressure To Avoid Point Deductions In Big Fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ref Under More Pressure To Avoid Point Deductions In Big Fights?

is there more pressure to continue letting them fight even if it's dirty? people don't want the ref to disrupt the ebb & flow of the fight

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    is there more pressure to continue letting them fight even if it's dirty? people don't want the ref to disrupt the ebb & flow of the fight
    I think so. In some cases, rightfully so. In a perfect world, refs would deduct points when necessary and allow clean action. In reality, some dirty fighting gets overlooked in the interests of allowing the fight to go on unimpeded. In my opinion, some dirty action is allowable. It's a fight, after all. It's only when the fouls become too frequent that I have a problem. What's "too frequent"? I think a low blow (for instance) can go unmentioned the first time. The second time, a fighter should have his attention called to it. The third time, an official warning. Every time thereafter, a point should be deducted. I don't think that's getting in the way of the action. It's preventing a championship fight from degenerating into a free-for-all.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      Is this why Floyd is allowed to elbow,hit low, do cheap shots ? Hopkins and Ward grab, hold , head butt and hit ?

Comment

Working...
      X