Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBC: George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin case

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The manual, from the National Neighborhood Watch Program, states: "It should be emphasized to members that they do not possess police powers, and they shall not carry weapons or pursue vehicles. They should also be cautioned to alert police or deputies when encountering strange activity. Members should never confront suspicious persons who could be armed and dangerous."

Read On ABC News Radio: http://abcnewsradioonline.com/nation...#ixzz1rnV5bl2p

Comment

• Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
      And he defended himself, which is why he is still alive.
      So let me get this straight.

Charging after someone in a threatening manner.............and the second they turn around and defend themselves and attack you back is considered self defense on your part?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

And he defended himself, which is why he is still alive.
        had he brandished the gun before anything had happened, that would be a matter of protecting himself, and would have enabled george to properly restain the suspect untill the police arrived.

this is a case of a last resort, not protecting oneself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
          The manual, from the National Neighborhood Watch Program, states: "It should be emphasized to members that they do not possess police powers, and they shall not carry weapons or pursue vehicles. They should also be cautioned to alert police or deputies when encountering strange activity. Members should never confront suspicious persons who could be armed and dangerous."

But it was dark, rainy and the kid had a hoodie on. As neighborhood watch captain my actions overrule the guidelines. Haven't my supporters told you that, yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by RwK View Post
            So let me get this straight.

Charging after someone in a threatening manner.............and the second they turn around and defend themselves and attack you back is considered self defense on your part?
            Evidence that Zimmerman charged in a threatening manner?(assuming we are still talking about the case)

No that is not self defense, but according to Zimmerman, Treyvon went up to him and said "got a problem?" He said "no", and Treyvon said "well, now you do" and started attacking him.

Zimmerman pulled the trigger like he should have and that's that. Imo, that's self defense. He was being attacked, and under Florida rules, he has every right to defend himself.

I don't know who in their right mind would rather let a 17 year old boy disfigure their face instead of shooting a loaded gun you may have.

Comment

The manual, from the National Neighborhood Watch Program, states: "It should be emphasized to members that they do not possess police powers, and they shall not carry weapons or pursue vehicles. They should also be cautioned to alert police or deputies when encountering strange activity. Members should never confront suspicious persons who could be armed and dangerous."

I really want to stop repeating myself.

This is true, but Zimmermans story is that Trayvon confronted him by jumping him from behind.

Comment

From my understanding here, it's saying neighborhood watches don't get cars and guns like cops do, but doesn't say you can't use your own.

We know Zimmerman was wrong for following Trayvon, but like I been saying, the fact he decided to take on a potenatially armed and dangerous person makes his act heroic to an extent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                  last time i checked zimmerman got knocked down his head slammed against the side walk and punched about the face multiple times.
                  no proof of that

no facial injuries on zimmerman at all

Comment

Evidence that Zimmerman charged in a threatening manner?(assuming we are still talking about the case)

No that is not self defense, but according to Zimmerman, Treyvon went up to him and said "got a problem?" He said "no", and Treyvon said "well, now you do" and started attacking him.

Zimmerman pulled the trigger like he should have and that's that. Imo, that's self defense. He was being attacked, and under Florida rules, he has every right to defend himself.

I don't know who in their right mind would rather let a 17 year old boy disfigure their face instead of shooting a loaded gun you may have.

it maybe self defense, thats up to the courts, but he clearly was unable to capably protect himself assuming he did get knocked down, head slammed into the side walk and punched about the face multiple times.

if, on a test, you get every question wrong except the last one your not getting an A on the test.

Comment

• Prediction for this trial: He is found not guilty by reason of self defense. There will be mass rioting by people who didn't want justice. They wanted a hanging.

Comment

Working...
                      X