Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ring Mag: Vlad Loses To Holmes, Tyson, Liston. Really?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    They don't fight alike.

But Liston is as much as capable of getting to Wlad as Tyson is. If not more.

So I don't understand how you think Tyson would kill him but at the same time find the idea of Liston beating him to be far fetched.
    Not to mention how is Wlad going to "outjab" Liston when Liston has the better jab AND longer reach? Where do these mental lightweights get this ****? :rolleyes9:

Poet

Comment

They don't fight alike.

But Liston is as much as capable of getting to Wlad as Tyson is. If not more.

So I don't understand how you think Tyson would kill him but at the same time find the idea of Liston beating him to be far fetched.
      fighting vlad on the inside is more effective than the outside right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
        Not when you're the one with the longer reach

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          Of course.

But Tyson isn't really an inside fighter nor is he that good inside.

And Liston wouldn't fight on the outside entirely with Wlad he will find his way into close range and find him.

Or atleast he would have as much chance as Tyson would at doing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            Not to mention how is Wlad going to "outjab" Liston when Liston has the better jab AND longer reach? Where do these mental lightweights get this ****? :rolleyes9:

Poet
            Wow, I wasn't even aware that Liston had a longer reach than Wlad.

What an interesting fact. Liston obviously had very long arms but I didn't even realise that.

I believe Liston had a better jab than Wlad but NSB tend to not like that statment

Comment

What an interesting fact. Liston obviously had very long arms but I didn't even realise that.

I believe Liston had a better jab than Wlad but NSB tend to not like that statment
              Wlad's reach is 81 inches. Liston's reach is 84 inches and some sources list it as 86 inches.

I fully expect someone to try and do some convoluted spinning explaining why pawing with your jab the way Wlad does is superior to actually sticking the jab the way Liston did.....similar to the shoe-size IQ crowd trying to say that being obese makes you a better fighter :hahahaha9:

Poet
              Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 08-30-2011, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Also, Vitali's reach is 80 inches. Compare that to Liston but also Larry Holmes (81 inches), George Foreman (82 inches), Muhammed Ali (80 inches), Lennox Lewis (84 inches), Riddick Bowe (81 inches), Razor Ruddock (82 inches), Earnie Terrell (82 inches), Tony Tucker (82 inches), and Max Baer (81 inches).

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                  Tyson? Please! He had major problems with Tucker, the tallest man he ever fought. And Wlad is even taller than TNT.
                  Tyson had "major problems" with Tucker? What were these "major problems" that he had? Was Tyson ever stunned, hurt or knocked down at any point in the match? I seem to recall Tyson winning that fight pretty clearly.

Plus Tucker was an execllent Heavyweight and a league or two ahead of anybody on Wlad's resume.

And Tucker wasn't the biggest guy that Tyson fought, Biggs was. (Outside of Lewis)

Tucker also gave a Lewis a pretty tough, close fight.

Holmes? Pha! No way, Holmes was a JABBER and Wlad's jab is universally recognized, plus his size would neutralize Holmes jab. Holmes had no power to stop Wlad, unless he happened to trap him in a corner and landed 20 punches like he did on Marvis Frazier. But I don't see that happening.
                  How would Wlad's size neutralize Holmes's jab? Do explain. Since when has anybody with a size advantage over Holmes been able neutralize his jab? Most of the guys that Holmes faced who were bigger and slower than he was, were turned into giant punching bags (See: Holmes VS Cooney & Holmes VS Jones). The only type of guys that Holmes had problems with were guys that were quicker & faster than he was, and were able to beat him to the punch. Wlad is quick for his size, but considerably slower than Holmes. Wlad would get toyed with and eventually STOPPED by Holmes.

Liston as I said previously COULD beat Wlad and I give him the best odds out of all other hw's, except for Louis maybe. But if Wlad connected with a big punch, he'd be in big trouble.
                  He wouldn't even survive the 1st round. He wouldn't get the oppurtunity to connect with a "big punch".
                  Last edited by Deal With It; 08-30-2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    You have a terriffic memory. I only remember that Klitsschko got his eyebrow gashed, a harmless bruise and 2 very thin "paper"cuts under his lert eye. The fight was stopped because the doctor thought his eyelid nerves wee severed, preventiing him from sein AT LL from that eye, whereas in fact, hecould see perfectwely well and his eyelid was working perfectly. I've seen many other fighters with far worse injuries-REAL fight stopping injuries. So you'r memory is fictititous.

We all forget that Liston, although very good for his time, and could beat almost anybody, was as slow as molasses, and wouldn't be able to keept up inthese days. I' sorry to say this because I liked Liston's fighting. Also "reach" is EXAGGERATED as it has to be divided in half, and the shouldrewr width also muct be taken into consideration. ALSO, how squarely the fighter stands.

As for Tyson, at his best, I'd back him to beat ANYBODY, no matter how big, nor how good.

The Klitschkos would both give Holmes a bit of a beating, I'm afraid.
                    in a fairy tale kinda world...........but in the real world both get outboxed & tko'd by holmes..............

Comment

Working...
                    X