No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Advances To The Super Six Finals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Advances To The Super Six Finals

By Jake Donovan - Undefeated super middleweight titlist Andre Ward cruised to the Super Six World Boxing Classic championship round after taking a wide unanimous decision win over Arthur Abraham on Saturday evening at The Home Depot Center in Carson, California.

Ward, making the third defense of the alphabet title he acquired in Stage One of the tournament, weighed in at the divisional limit of 168 lb. Abraham came in at 167 lb, one pound under the limit.

Neither fighter veered very far from the script in the opening round. Ward fought exclusively behind the jab, which was more than enough, as Abraham spent most of the frame fighting behind a peek-a-boo defense. The former middleweight threw the occasional counter right hand, but was so wild that he would shoot and stumble out of position.

Action picked up in the second. Ward mixed up his attack, throwing more right hands behind the jab and also switching between conventional and southpaw stance. Abraham began to work the body after a few left hook attempts caught nothing but air. The body attack was effect, though a bit overzealous as referee Luis Pabon had to issue a warning for holding and hitting. [Click Here To Read More]

This was a very good outing from Ward.

As noticed by Tarver and Bernstein, Abraham really came to fight and it was even after four rounds with Ward having been rocked at least once.

However, Ward never stopped throwing- using the model from Froch- and threw a wide variety of punches. He especially looked good going to the body, which he did throughout the fight.

Arthur Abraham might not have been the best test, but Ward certainly showed a lot of skill tonight. Based on the form I saw, give me Ward over Bute and even perhaps over Froch as well, depends what he shows against Glen Johnson.

Comment

To me,, ward had an off night and still won easily.

Comment

as I expected. I think he will win it all.

Comment

Originally posted by gapo View Post
          To me,, ward had an off night and still won easily.
          froch will end this overhyped yank easy there aint a decent fighter in the u,s now mayweather is finished

Comment

congratz for the first guy to enter the final.

Comment

Originally posted by leemoorcroft View Post
              froch will end this overhyped yank easy there aint a decent fighter in the u,s now mayweather is finished
              See? This is the real reason why the Euro posters don't want to give Ward any credit.

It bothers them to see an American dominating and doing so well.

Comment

Originally posted by leemoorcroft View Post
                teeheehee...riiite.

Comment

Expected to see a bit of complaining from Abraham fans because he lost but it hasn't gotten too bad. Abraham is a good fighter but was out of his class tonight.

Comment

Maybe its finally time for AA-Pavlik.

A shell of a fight that it could have been.

But it makes sense for both guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X