Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Else Pissed Off At Paul Williams?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
    i can't believe this guy wrote an essay about how mad he is at Paul for not being more miserable
    I'm mad this guy won't tell Cotto how he really feels. Go be a man and cry with your favorite crybaby boyfriend.

Comment

Let me say this, If i was a promoter, manager , father etc i would never allow my kids to get on a bike especially if they are an athlete and still active, If they retire and they choose to do that then all power to them, But there is a sense of responsibility when you are active in sport, am not saying Williams is dumb or stupid but with him already involve in one of the most dangerous sports he could have done without this especially when he has a fight/payday coming up, The day i had my first child was the day i quit driving 70-90 miles an hour on the road, the sense of responsibility was just too much for me to take any risks knowing i have a daughter waiting for me at home.

Comment

Originally posted by jbp23 View Post
        Now this thread is not to kick a guy while he is down because I hope he makes a full recovery regardless if he is able to fight again. But, I am just so angry at him for putting himself at such risk. In one of his first interviews after the wreck he said he can't wait to get back on his bike! He almost kills himself, which the pd state that the accident was his fault, and he wants to get back on his bike. what is it with Paul Williams who refuses to admit mistakes and therefore learn from them. That is how life works. No ones perfect and when we screw up we admit it and try not to make the same mistake again. But what does Paul say, he says "its how the cookie crumbles". I'm just angry that he ruined his career and most importantly his life. Right now people are their for him, fans, media, but a year down the road or 5 yrs, it will be much different, just ask Gerald Mcclellan. He says if he does not walk again oh well he will be fishing. Does he fathom how difficult it is to be paralyzed for life? Constant danger of blood clots, you have to wear diapers, you can never have sex again, its no joke.

The same thing in his boxing career. He would never admit he needed to change or even slightly adjust his style, even when it was obvious he needed a change. I'm just pissed off, just as I was pissed off with Diego Corrales for throwing his life away on that bike. Young men and motorcylces do not go well together. No matter how good of a rider you are, its not good enough, because you are putting your life in the hands of every driver on the road and that is not a chance anyone should take. I love bikes, but again your life is not in your hands its in the hands of a bunch of idiot strangers. I do hope that boxing managers and promoters are finally putting their foot down with their young fighters who want to ride bikes. They need to put it in their contracts that their fighters are not allowed to ride bikes at all!
        I agree!

After that one bike incident that happened to me because of one stupid a as driver, I ended up selling my bike. It's true that no matter how good of a bike rider you are, you just can't trust the strangers behind your tail.

As a friendly advice, I suggest that people get there full licence first and then purchasing a bike/ motorcycle.

Comment

Disappointed yes.
          Unprofessional yes.
          Angry no - If I was in his close family I would be furious.

Comment

Originally posted by jbp23 View Post
            Freedom to do what we want. My point is there is no such thing as complete freedom, someone always has to pay for it.
            Well said. And we are paying for the fact that your dad didn't wear a condom nine months before you were born. I'm pissed off at him for that. What a pompous twat you are for judging a man who BOXES FOR A LIVING for living life a little risky. There's a good reason why not too many boxers become accountants & vice versa. They are risk taking m*ther****ers. That's what they do every time they get in the ring.

Comment

Mad??? Not one bit...i mean EVERYONE didnt care where and what paul williams was doing before he was even mentioned to fight alvarez. Lets face it he was not a fighter in his prime. You want to be mad at someone be mad at Salvador Sanchez..this guy was IN his prime, had just beaten gomez and what did he do?? Crash his porshe. So no it doesnt bother me that williams is not fighting alvarez

Comment

**** happens dude. He could've been driving a car, walking on a sidewalk, jogging up a hill and something tragic may have happened as well. You don't know what's creeping around the corner. But to be angry at this guy for his choices? It's his life. Who are we to judge what he wants to do. He's a fighter we like to watch, nothing more, nothing less. Whatever trials and tribulations he's going to deal with are his and his family's alone. It really has nothing to do with us in the sense of any of us being "angry" at him. Seems pretty foolish.

Comment

I don't care about silly mistakes he made , but I really feel the same angry when he says I want my health back to make the same mistakes again .

Comment

Working...
                  X