No announcement yet.

Equipment reviews

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment reviews

When I buy something, I like to review it so it can help some people out in making a decision on buying equipment.

I bought a bunch of stuff from Title the other day and here's my reviews.

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-b...-handwrap.html

Title 180" Semi Elastic Mexican Wraps

Over the years I have had many different name brand handwraps. From Everlast, Reyes, Title, Ringside and the thing I like about Title is that if you get their more quality stuff, it's as good as any in the market but for a better price. These are made very well, are sturdy and come in a variety of colors. A little bit more at $9.99 but they will last. 4 out of 5 stars

Title Boxing Mesh Equipment bag

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-m...-backpack.html

I needed a new bag just for my personal stuff when I train myself. This one looked interesting because it was mesh and breathable. That's good because you know how handwraps and gloves can start to smell after a couple of weeks. It looks great, the stitching seems sturdy and the design is perfect for gloves, mitts, wraps and jump rope but not much fits in there. The only downfall is I don't know how it will wear in the long run because it is mesh but for $19.99 you can't beat the price. 3 1/2 out of 5 stars

Shock Doctor Ultra STC Gel Mouthguard

http://store.titleboxing.com/shock-d...outhguard.html

I ended up biting through my mouthpiece which is a habit I have because I hold my jaw shut so tight. So I saw this one and it looked sturdy. First off it's smaller than it seems in the picture. Second, the very top of the mouth guard that goes over your top teeth is made from a clear gel like substance that you literally mold with your fingers over your teeth. It's a "boil and bite" method and works well but honestly I haven't sparred with it yet, I will on Saturday but it looks decent. I would give it a 3 out of 5 stars because it is smaller than I expected and only covers the top teeth.

Tough Wear Double End Bag

I needed a new double end bag for the gym and they had me buy one. I did research on double end bags and for me personally I grew up hitting the pear shaped or tear drop shape that they make in Mexico. I like that shape better than the round shape because it allows you to throw upper cuts and hooks better IMO. I got the Tough Wear because it had close to that shape (not quite like the pear shaped Reyes but not perfectly round either) and that brand seems to have a very good reputation. I got the 7" which is the medium size and it's perfect. The construction is great, the rebound is great and you can tell it's made very tough. Great product and if you are looking for a double end bag with great quality at a cheaper price, get this one 5 out of 5 stars. The only thing is, Titleboxing seems to be sold out so I posted a pic of it.

Hope this helps some people out.
    Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 12-10-2010, 10:09 AM.

Ringside>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Title

i got a pair of Ringside IMF bag gloves and International sparring gloves

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
      Ringside>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Title

i got a pair of Ringside IMF bag gloves and International sparring gloves
      Ringside makes good products but the Gel series gloves from Title are very good. It seems to me Ringside has gotten too expensive for the same quality products than Title.

Those IMF gloves are nice, there's a couple of kids in the gym that own those but like I said, the GEL series gloves from Title are really nice and about $30 less.

Comment

Keep updating this when you run into anything new. Cuauhtémoc1502

Comment

Title Gel is legit from the times i have used it they were great

Comment

Would you mind if other people posted reviews in this thread as well? We could even get a mod to make it a sticky.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
              Would you mind if other people posted reviews in this thread as well? We could even get a mod to make it a sticky.
              Yea of course man, no problem. I have other stuff to review if you guys want me to.

Some title wraps, reyes wraps, title micro mitts, reyes 18oz training gloves, title gel gloves, top contender speed bag.....a few other things.

I run into a lot of equipment at the gym and get to see the quality of a lot of stuff. Sometimes the price doesn't fit the quality.

Comment

does anyone have any reviews for any tear drop bags?

Comment

Working...
                X