Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any Welterweight in history that could go through Oscar's resume undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    From all the fights I've seen he is.

@ I don't respect the sport for what it is. I'm just telling you what I saw. You don't have to agree. SRR is the best based on OPINION, some other people have other boxers that think they're better than Robinson.

Nationalistic pride? You obviously have no clue.

Just cause you can box 15+ rounds doesn't make you a killer. With the flaws I saw in Robinson, I don't think he can knock everyone of them out in DLH's resume.
    What are those flaws you keep mentioning?

I can't think of any glaring ones except getting over-excited when he had an opponent hurt.

Comment

the Fantastic fellow's point, as i perceive it, is that Oscar's streak was so stacked with fine opposition that Robinson would've had to have encountered a style or set of attributes along the way that would've gotten the better of him a particular night or two (perhaps an off-night in there). which is quite likely. it's even more likely, however, that he would've rematched his conqueror(s) or had a series with them and avenged his loss at least once if not multiple times. we cannot say the same of Oscar.
      Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 01-31-2013, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
        the Fantastic fellow's point, as i perceive it, is that Oscar's streak was so stacked with fine opposition that Robinson would've had to have encountered a style or set of attributes along the way that would've gotten the better of him a particular night or two (perhaps an off-night in there). which is quite likely. it's even more likely, however, that he would've rematched his conqueror(s) or had a series with them and avenged his loss at least once if not multiple times. we cannot say the same of Oscar.
        It wouldn't surprise me if Hopkins dealt with Robinson but he talked about "the flaws" he has, and never mentioned them. I'm just curious.

Comment

Well, Oscar himself didn't go thru his own resume undefeated without a little help.

Comment

Why is Amir Khan even in the poll...

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
              Why is Amir Khan even in the poll...
              he should be in every poll...

Comment

Jack Britton
                Kid Lewis
                Mickey Walker
                Ceferino Garcia
                Freddie Steele
                Charley Burley
                Kid Gavilan
                Basilio
                SRR
                SRL
                Hearns

The WW versions of these fighters would all have a very good chance.
                Last edited by Khmelnytsky; 01-31-2013, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
                  Jack Britton
                  Kid Lewis
                  Ceferino Garcia
                  Freddie Steele
                  Charley Burley
                  Kid Gavilan
                  Basilio
                  SRR
                  SRL
                  Hearns

The WW versions of these fighters would all have a very good chance.
                  your sig thats from the russian movie right?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Richardson View Post
                    your sig thats from the russian movie right?
                    Yeah.

Forgot Mickey Walker he would be among the most likely. I could definitely see him knocking Hopkins out considering that he beat and hurt top HW's. Upon reflecting Walker walks through DLH's resume with relative ease i have little doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
                      Yeah.

Forgot Mickey Walker he would be among the most likely. I could definitely see him knocking Hopkins out considering that he beat and hurt top HW's. Upon reflecting Walker walks through DLH's resume with relative ease i have little doubt.
                      What are those so called 'top hw's that Mickey Walker hurt?

Comment

Working...
                      X