Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has a better resume? Chavez Jr. or Andy Lee?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    Chavez has the better resume and is more proven than Lee.

Lee has so much hype placed on him because of Stewart being his trainer and talking so good about him through interviews. Not to mention his amateur background.
    This Lee had a very good amateur background where as Chavez didnt some people take that into account others dont.It will be difficult for Andy too leave with the belt i think Chavez wins but hoping Andy can pull it off

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
      What hype?

Andy Lee has no hype. JCC JR is the one that got here because of hype.
      Manny Stewart speaks very highly of Lee. Manny Stewart is a commentator for HBO who is arguably the biggest boxing network available.

Stewart is the one who gives Lee free publicity placing the hype on him essentially every time he speaks.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
        This Lee had a very good amateur background where as Chavez didnt some people take that into account others dont.It will be difficult for Andy too leave with the belt i think Chavez wins but hoping Andy can pull it off
        Agreed. I'm giving Lee a really good chance at winning, it just depends on the ref.

If they're allowed to fight in close quarters, I think Chavez has the advantage.

If it's turned into a boxing match, I'd give the advantage to Lee.

Either way, Lee is going to really have to beat Chavez in order to win. We'll see.

Comment

It's Chavez's toughness versus Lee's superior skill. 50/50 imo, a fight too close to bet on.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            If he beats Lee, he might very well have the best resume in the division other than Martinez. Zbik, Rubio, Manfredo, Duddy, Molina (gift though), and Lee.
            Agree!!!!!

Comment

If Chavez could take Lee's punch, he'll walk him down and dig on Lee's tall body. I don't Think Lee will keep him off for that long.

Chavez by late KO

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                Agreed. I'm giving Lee a really good chance at winning, it just depends on the ref.

If they're allowed to fight in close quarters, I think Chavez has the advantage.

If it's turned into a boxing match, I'd give the advantage to Lee.

Either way, Lee is going to really have to beat Chavez in order to win. We'll see.
                I see it as Lee boxing well enough to be ahead on the cards by nine rounds (if they are fair) but after that i think it could be all Julio in the championship rounds being pushed on by the crowd and Andy fading from the more then likely body work early in the fight and Chavez taking a tightish ud i just cant see Andy dominating the way he has too to win in the judges eyes hope im wrong though WAR LEE

Comment

Neither ever impressed me to be honest, both get Destroyed by Sergio Martinez, GGG, Pirog, N'Dam N'Jikam and many of the other top fighters at 160

he should make for a good fight because neither is skilled, neither has defense or head movement or good footwork...Chavez Jr...SHOULD WIN but Lee could actually win he if actually Boxes like he did against Vera...sure that is not an exciting style to most, but it is an effective style and a style that is proven to win Championships

Lee should not get into a Brawl, just Box from the outside and use that Jab

Comment

Who cares about this fight? It's a Bob Arum fight. I don't consider Bob Arum fights real fights. The winner is already chosen.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                      It has more to do with Chavez JR being garbage and Andy Lee being a good fighter.

Lee's not in his physical prime anymore though and Chavez is.
                      Lee is 28, and hasn't been in a bunch of wars yet. If anybody is closer to being out of prime, it's Chavez. His come-forward face-first style, coupled with the fact that he's draining himself to make 160.....Lee is gonna be in better physical condition than Chavez.

Comment

Working...
                      X