No announcement yet.

Roy Jone Jr. (G.O.AT 160,168,175)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
    Jones is not the greatest at any of those weights.
    I agree with this.

Comment

175 - Gene Tunney
      168 - Joe Calzaghe
      160 - Sugar Ray Robinson
      Last edited by WLAD_OWNS; 01-15-2009, 03:54 AM.

Comment

He's got a sick legacy at 175, but even there he ain't the GOAT.

Comment

legacy wise no... but straight up in a boxing ring.. just who wins? roy gives them all a run for them money between 160-175... and IMO and a lot of others nobody beats him at 168.. including joseph.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            legacy wise no... but straight up in a boxing ring.. just who wins? roy gives them all a run for them money between 160-175... and IMO and a lot of others nobody beats him at 168.. including joseph.
            I think this is what the starter is implying. Legacy wise Roy isn't in the conversation at 160 or 168 because he didn't fight long enough at those weights. At 175 he is more in the conversation but the best is pushing it. However like Reed said in his prime at those weights is where the argument is, and I don't think I would pick anybody over him.

Comment

Originally posted by jack the cripuh View Post
              Hopkins has a legendary reign at middleweight

against Welterweights and nobodies

sickening
              so his 20+ defenses where against Welterweights? There were only two welterweights. And Tito had his power from WW to MW. He knocked out Joppy. And Joppy has a legit Chin, and he was champion. Most people thought Tito would knock out Hopkins.

Jones fought a FAT OUT OF SHAPE RETIRED TITO, and nobody talks about that.

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
                so his 20+ defenses where against Welterweights? There were only two welterweights. And Tito had his power from WW to MW. He knocked out Joppy. And Joppy has a legit Chin, and he was champion. Most people thought Tito would knock out Hopkins.

Jones fought a FAT OUT OF SHAPE RETIRED TITO, and nobody talks about that.
                You took the bait

Comment

Roy was unbeatable and dominating for fifteen years. Find me anothe fighte with that and I'll give you it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
                    I would like to see Roy Jones fight Bob Foster, Michael Spinks, Ezzard Charles, Archie Moore at 175 lbs...
                    come on now man he's not gonna stoop that low to fight those old guys. calzaghe on the other hand...........

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      come on now man he's not gonna stoop that low to fight those guys. calzaghe on the other hand...........
                      Daggum why do you hate Calzaghe so much? Serious question......

Comment

Working...
                      X