No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khoder Nasser Fires Back at Botha's Tampering Claims

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khoder Nasser Fires Back at Botha's Tampering Claims

Khoder Nasser, manager of rugby star and heavyweight boxer Sonny Bill Williams, has responded to allegations by Francois Botha that his urine sample was potentially tampered with by a relative of Nasser.

Following a controversial match between Williams and Botha, allegations emerged that a pre-fight drug test taken by Botha tested positive for a banned substance.
    [Click Here To Read More]

His family took his sample?
    Isn't that a.... I don't know... conflict of interest?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      i was thinkng the same thing. with what i saw on fight night & botha's history it's hard to believe anything either party says but botha made a good point when he said he lost " millions" when he tested positive after the schulz fight. instead of a fight with holyfield or another big name he got suspended & had sit on the sidelines. everyone thought it was 12 rounds...i did notice ESPN schedule had this fight as a 10 round fight...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        i was thinkng the same thing. with what i saw on fight night & botha's history it's hard to believe anything either party says but botha made a good point when he said he lost " millions" when he tested positive after the schulz fight. instead of a fight with holyfield or another big name he got suspended & had sit on the sidelines. everyone thought it was 12 rounds...i did notice ESPN schedule had this fight as a 10 round fight...
        You did?
        Everywhere I seen before the fight said 12 (like posters and stuff)
        Don't they say how many rounds of action before the fight? Would be interested in that.... don't remember if they said or not

Comment

Nasser should be clear when saying it was a reputable Company that took the sample: Was it or was it not done according to WADA regulations and was the samples both (A and B) checked by a laboratory approved by WADA.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Nasser should be clear when saying it was a reputable Company that took the sample: Was it or was it not done according to WADA regulations and was the samples both (A and B) checked by a laboratory approved by WADA.
            He should but he most certainly won't. The guy is a criminal. He will never go into detail on record about any of this.

SBW will leave boxing with a whimper and Botha will make some money losing to David Tua in the next round of Australian Sideshow Boxing.

Comment

You did?
              Don't they say how many rounds of action before the fight? Would be interested in that.... don't remember if they said or not
              Before I came to work this morning I looked at the upcoming schedule & it hadn't updated it yet. So Fridays fight were still listed. It was a 10 rounder listed. I was just going to copy & paste it now but they updated it. Earliest listing is feb 15 now...

Comment

You did?
                They announced the fight introductions as 12 3 minute rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                  He should but he most certainly won't. The guy is a criminal. He will never go into detail on record about any of this.

SBW will leave boxing with a whimper and Botha will make some money losing to David Tua in the next round of Australian Sideshow Boxing.
                  If the recycled heavyweights want to keep fighting then fight each other. Tua/Botha make it happen! This is 15 years too late but I'd watch it. Both are still competitive...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    If the recycled heavyweights want to keep fighting then fight each other. Tua/Botha make it happen! This is 15 years too late but I'd watch it. Both are still competitive...
                    I think it's likely if you look at how Australian HW boxing has gone the past few years.

I just know there is no way SBW is going to rematch Botha at a 12 round distance so appeasing Botha with a Tua fight may be the best way to keep him from shaming Australian Boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X