No announcement yet.

Caribe Pomotions said they wanted the fight in Miami

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caribe Pomotions said they wanted the fight in Miami

Because every time that Rigo fights in Miami he sells at least 2,500 tickets on his own.

Any truth to this?

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
    Because every time that Rigo fights in Miami he sells at least 2,500 tickets on his own.

Any truth to this?
    I would expect that to be true, Travis Kauffman sells at least that here in his hometown.

Comment

It was all a set up. It was Bob Arum's scheme of sabotaging Rigo. It's not considence that the tickets went on sale so late.

I don't buy the whole they were waiting on Agbeko to settle with Don King bs.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

goooooooooood luck with that Caribe Promotions, $10 tickets and open bar could fill a venue of 4000 possibly?

Comment

If I was ESPN i would Jump in and Sign Rigo Probably 4 fight $3 Million Deal..

2 Main events During The Friday Night Fights Series.. Espn would love those numbers for their Boxing events

Comment

When was the last time he even fought in miami? Must been against a tomato can and 2500 tickets would be a crazy amount back then.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
              When was the last time he even fought in miami? Must been against a tomato can and 2500 tickets would be a crazy amount back then.
              Fought there for two of his early fights. The video of his pro debut is on YouTube. From what I remember it didn't look like a 2500 strong crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                Fought there for two of his early fights. The video of his pro debut is on YouTube. From what I remember it didn't look like a 2500 strong crowd.
                I was about to say if there where 2k people in a place when he was fighting tomato cans and hadn't done **** wtf are they waiting for

Comment

I doubt it did 2,500K. His first couple fights on ESPN looked like they were in small venues.

But I think its time for Rigo and his team to just accept that he's not a headliner and he should just stay active, fight on undercards and build his legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post

Any truth to this?
                    I have no idea, bro, but you know these promoters....

Rigo had his first and third fights at the Fontainbleau Hotel in Miami Beach. (That was where the scene in "Scarface," where "Tony" and "Manolo" were having drinks by the ocean, and "Manny" gets slapped, was filmed.)

Hopefully we'll find out in March if Boris is talking out of his ass or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X