Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Jr. is Back in Superfight Driver’s Seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Jr. is Back in Superfight Driver’s Seat

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - I got an e-mail from an old friend yesterday.

“I made this statement to a colleague earlier today,” it said.

“Mayweather’s an all-timer. I just thought I'd share.”

Hardly an Earth-shattering proclamation on its own, but in context it represents a dramatic shift.

A music guru who dabbles in boxing, the friend had been an entrenched member of the “OK, Floyd's pretty good, but he's beatable ... and I don't like him” club for as long as I've known him.

He was among the misguided who thought the late Arturo Gatti had a chance to do more than bleed, fall and surrender against Mayweather a few years back in Atlantic City.

And he's included a caveat with every pro-Money pick since, wistfully pining “I'd be happy to be wrong” before admitting that the foe – from Baldomir and Judah to Mosley and Ortiz – had little chance.

The same was true over the weekend.

Bless his heart, my pal approached Saturday night’s main event with his recurring brand of hopeful zeal and he carried it proudly through the ring intros – where the always-sturdy Cotto looked properly grim and clearly contentious upon hearing the “touch gloves” admonition from referee Tony Weeks.

Poor guy, I felt kinda bad for him.

Well... almost.

Because the more I think about it – and regardless of any “I've seen the light” e-mails since – the more I have to shake my head toward anyone who expected anything other than a gutty and effective performance from Mayweather, or cringe at those who walked away from it with anything other than a “Now I get it, Floyd's the best” mindset. [Click Here To Read More]

It was a good fight indeed!
    But, Floyd Jr Best shots weren't enough to knockdown the game Cotto!
    Floyd Jr got hit too;
    But, what if he is facing a fast and furious Pacman?

Comment

Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
      It was a good fight indeed!But, Floyd Jr Best shots weren't enough to knockdown the game Cotto!Floyd Jr got hit too; But, what if he is facing a fast and furious Pacman?
      that fast and furious pacman was'nt so aginst marquez and will get schooled and mayweather. easily.

Comment

another mayweather ******* by Lyle... surprise, surprise!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
          It was a good fight indeed!
          But, Floyd Jr Best shots weren't enough to knockdown the game Cotto!
          Floyd Jr got hit too;
          But, what if he is facing a fast and furious Pacman?
          Pac ducked this Cotto , do you have any idea how much stronger and better a fighter all around than a 145 lb version , this fight he trained to fight with a world class trainer Cotto was a beast and a very hungry one , the 145 version he trained to make weight with a nobody trainer , and said " I will never sacrifice my body like that again " understand what went down kid !

Comment

I honestly think that Floyd would be too strong and skilled for Pacquiao. Floyd moved up to 154, something Pacquiao wouldn't and refused to do because of his size. Floyd fights fighters different and adjusts during the fight multiple times to win. Manny mostly has one gear and depends on his speed & opponents lack of defense & mistakes to gain an advantage. People comparing Pac/Cotto & Floyd/Cotto to see how a fight between Floyd/Pac would go are bugging because weight/trainer/focus played an important role in both fights. Floyd got his nose busted by Cotto at 154 but Pac got his ear drum busted by Cotto at 145. I have and always will believe that Manny would get shut down IF the so called super fight was to happen. Pac don't have the reach, size or defense to bother Floyd and we all witnessed Floyd taking solid punches from a bigger Cotto who hits hard regardless of his size. Mosley and Pacquiao both confirm this.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              By Lyle Fitzsimmons - I got an e-mail from an old friend yesterday.

“I made this statement to a colleague earlier today,” it said.

“Mayweather’s an all-timer. I just thought I'd share.”

Hardly an Earth-shattering proclamation on its own, but in context it represents a dramatic shift.

A music guru who dabbles in boxing, the friend had been an entrenched member of the “OK, Floyd's pretty good, but he's beatable ... and I don't like him” club for as long as I've known him.

He was among the misguided who thought the late Arturo Gatti had a chance to do more than bleed, fall and surrender against Mayweather a few years back in Atlantic City.

And he's included a caveat with every pro-Money pick since, wistfully pining “I'd be happy to be wrong” before admitting that the foe – from Baldomir and Judah to Mosley and Ortiz – had little chance.

The same was true over the weekend.

Bless his heart, my pal approached Saturday night’s main event with his recurring brand of hopeful zeal and he carried it proudly through the ring intros – where the always-sturdy Cotto looked properly grim and clearly contentious upon hearing the “touch gloves” admonition from referee Tony Weeks.

Poor guy, I felt kinda bad for him.

Well... almost.

Because the more I think about it – and regardless of any “I've seen the light” e-mails since – the more I have to shake my head toward anyone who expected anything other than a gutty and effective performance from Mayweather, or cringe at those who walked away from it with anything other than a “Now I get it, Floyd's the best” mindset. [Click Here To Read More]
              Well written and objective. Rare article on these forums

Comment

yeah he's in the driver seat alright, the DUCKING driving seat...

Comment

Lmao. Lyle is Floyd's version of Nathanielz. But at least he tells a story better. But even as a huge Floyd fan there are times I'm like "wtf did I just read??" Smh...

Comment

THIS IS THE DUMBEST WRITER I'VE SEEN!!!

EITHER UNDER FLOYD'S PAYROLL OR JUST LIKE SUCKING MAYWEATHER'S D*CK!

Comment

Working...
                    X