No announcement yet.

The reason some fighters are blindly hated and others blindly loved

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Nature Boy View Post
    When someone is quick to dismiss race, then that usually means race is the elephant in the room. Mayweather has been in 19 World title fights, fought 15 different World champions, and has been Undefeated for 15 years. Why would his personality overshadow these accomplishments in peoples minds? Name one non black athlete who has accomplished nearly as much as Floyd in their respective sport, yet to have the public and media still discredit their accomplishments?

Why is it a problem for Floyd to think in his mind he is greater than any other boxer? If you read what I posted, then it's easy to agree with what the writer is saying based on your opinion, because you obviously have a problem with Floyd's level of confidence in himself.
    and who are those titles fights he fought against with? and the quality of opponents he picked to stay undefeated?

thus matter if he claim to be greater than the greats

and by the way its not for him to decide or claim to be greater, it is people for people to decide

heres what happen to floyd's situation right now

let's be real he is around top 30 maybe 40 ATG fighter average in peoples eyes base on accomplishments, it differs from person to person
    but he is overating himself by saying his the number 1 spot, why wouldnt that receive hate? and why cant he expect to be hated?

he still has a lot to prove to be able to say that without receiving that much hate
    there will always be hate,
    but when he proved it enough it will be overshadowed by people who agrees with him

and by the way ur character outside ur own sport also always affects the hate level ur gonna receive, it is what it is
    puga's post was right floyd has all the ingredients to be hated

when can u stop about that race card stuff???

did you wonder why even black american hate floyd? when even black american starts hating their own then there must be a big problem homie

micheal jordan was loved, around the world homie

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
      and who are those titles fights he fought against with? and the quality of opponents he picked to stay undefeated?

thus matter if he claim to be greater than the greats

and by the way its not for him to decide or claim to be greater, it is people for people to decide

heres what happen to floyd's situation right now

let's be real he is around top 30 maybe 40 ATG fighter average in peoples eyes base on accomplishments, it differs from person to person
      but he is overating himself by saying his the number 1 spot, why wouldnt that receive hate? and why cant he expect to be hated?

he still has a lot to prove to be able to say that without receiving that much hate
      there will always be hate,
      but when he proved it enough it will be overshadowed by people who agrees with him

and by the way ur character outside ur own sport also always affects the hate level ur gonna receive, it is what it is
      puga's post was right floyd has all the ingredients to be hated

when can u stop about that race card stuff???

did you wonder why even black american hate floyd? when even black american starts hating their own then there must be a big problem homie

micheal jordan was loved, around the world homie
      Who the hell do you think you are to judge another man, based on his perception of himself? What have you dedicated a extensive amount of your life too, and can say you've truly mastered? Like I said, everything your stating proves the writer correct. You have a problem in which Floyd exhibits his level of confidence because he is unbroken, and that is why you take shots at him because you want him humbled.

Now your attacking his undefeated record and opponents, knowing damn well a considerable number of those same opponents are highly regarded wins on other fighters records as well. How much more does a 34 year old fighter with 19 championship fights need to prove? Your bias, and your posts are bullcrap, and the race issue is a fact because your not intelligent enough to see your arguments supports what I originally posted.

Comment

Pick out the one that does not belong:
        1) Ali * 2) SRL * 3) Hearns * 4) Floyd * 5) Foreman

Comment

Who the hell do you think you are to judge another man, based on his perception of himself? What have you dedicated a extensive amount of your life too, and can say you've truly mastered? Like I said, everything your stating proves the writer correct. You have a problem in which Floyd exhibits his level of confidence because he is unbroken, and that is why you take shots at him because you want him humbled.

Now your attacking his undefeated record and opponents, knowing damn well a considerable number of those same opponents are highly regarded wins on other fighters records as well. How much more does a 34 year old fighter with 19 championship fights need to prove? Your bias, and your posts are bullcrap, and the race issue is a fact because your not intelligent enough to see your arguments supports what I originally posted.
          dumbo

its his fualt why people are looking down at his accomplishments and level of opposition

no matter what race u are when u start claiming ur the best then people will start going through ur not accomplishment and u cant blame them for hating u

blame ur stupid self

its his fault for spending and wastig too much time goin vacation instead of proving to everyone that his the best by beating fighters that people thinks will stand a chance againts him

what his doin instead? going in a long arse vacation and comes back beating a 5-1 maybe 7-1 type of fighters and claim his the best?

what traits does fighter have to be hated
          1. cockyness
          2. classless
          3. ducking(b!tch)
          4. cherrypicking
          5. racist
          6. boring
          7. heartless
          8. cheater
          9. self pride

it so happen that floyd almost have all of those traits
          now u still wonder why his receiving the amount of hate?

some fighter only have 2 - 5 of those traits

each traits adds up to the amount of hate fighters receive

now dumbo imagine if pac has the same trait as floyd will he get hated as much as floyd is now?
          yes he will dumbo

Comment

Many is the catch weight king and requires stipulations in order to win. Floyd is just floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              Go to the New York Times site and search floyd mayweather jr. Then read the article about his business model. He is completely changing how big name fighters are getting paid. I think this is a big part of it. The model he, haymon, and ellerbee have created is completely different and allows the individual fighter to profit significantly.

In order for this model to work, floyd has had to be very smart about the opponents he faces,because, lets be real, every fighter who gets to this level picks his opposition. Floyd, in selling himself, has done it in an arrogant, self grandiose way that has helped him but not necessarily boxing as a whole. He isn't helping to build other fighters, just his bank account.

If you watch the ESPN 30 for 30 about the U, the hate and jealousy they received is very similiar to floyd.
              And he has a very good model indeed. It's a smart model, not too unsimilar to what Prince has done in the music business. Mayweather is at a point where he is, in a very big way, his own boss, without the middleman/distributor to take the bulk of the change. Smart indeed.

However, the hate he gets is based on opinion of his actions, not his work model. Time may play a factor in public perception, no doubt, as I'm sure that the greats like Ali dealth with lesser foes towards the end of their career.
              The unfortunate truth is that boxing is very much a "what have you done for me lately" type of sport. If floyd is so bold and confident then he must be willing to demonstrate this at all levels of his career, not just at the 130lb days. His accomplishments in the last few years have been less than stellar because he seldom fights. this may be a product of that business model of his. Great money maker, but low on output in these past few years.

It's true, he is in a lose-lose situation, but I think it's more so because of the limitations his business model presents. He can't afford a low reward/high risk fight because that could shatter his model for a significant amount of time. Unfortunately, it's these low reward/high risk fights that, in the opinion of many, will re-define his status for present opinion.

bottom line, Mayweather is good at making pugilists look average in the ring.
              I refuse to believe he is just as effect at making them look average outside of the ring, in a fantasy fight.

Comment

I found this on a blog, and without disclosing the site I'll just share the opinion because the guy made a pretty compelling argument...
                I have to disagree that it is a black thing Floyd... I think many things that get tossed at him are things that are general said about black men yes... but I think it is different...

It's mixture... for once it is his fighting style... since the slick/thinking way of fighting was introduced and made famous by Jack Johnson (even though other fighters before him and at the time also fought more smart and thinking) it was considered as a cowardly way of fighting... just look back in history even though guys like Whitaker, Pep and and and were warriors you would never hear anybody associate it with them at first... somehow ppl feel that fighting smart is a cowardly way of fighting... and Floyd is casted in the same shadow like them do...

Being a coward many ppl feel that you can't be the best... guys like Ali, Duran whatever... they were not only great boxers but also had the heart, the fighting spirit and took one every challenge... a coward like Floyd who only fights for money can't be from that mold...

But he is perfect in his profession... he is not perfect in every fight or does everything right... but being undefeated in a profession where every fight gets counted as win or loss... he is as perfect as you can be... and on top of that he let's you know that... he ain't humble about it... he acts like a child...

So because ppl can't accept that they have to come up with stuff that discredits him... he not only fights like a coward, he also is only fighting bums... he ain't fights challenges... he's bad outside of the ring... he fights dirty inside the ring... and and and... they just want to see him as imperfect as they are... every word that he says gets analyzed... every fight that never happened what his fault... he lost against Castillo, Oscar... the newest thing now is that in a 4 round fight lost 2 rounds and that is enough to say that he would have been beaten and and and...

Human beings just like don't see perfection and what they despise even more is if somebody also tells them about his perfection... they simply hate him because deep inside them they wish they could be as good in something as he is in the ring... he simply isn't humble enough...

And of course Mayweather does some pretty stupid stuff at times and says some pretty stupid stuff at times... that of course also helps that not many ppl like him... that's my opinion on that matter...

A wise man once said: If you are undefeated and confident about yourselve ppl will call it arrogant and want you to loose... If you lost once and are confident about you... ppl will call you great...

Comment

Originally posted by trukk08 View Post
                  Same reasons why Floyd is picked apart in the media and in the news for doing nothing and others are forgotten

Check this video. Floyd has never done anything nearly as bad as any of these guys, but he is made to be the most hated boxer in history.

You've got murderers, drug dealers, strong arm robbery, Sugar Ray Leonard beat his wife (i didn't know that) BUT Floyd is accused of beating his wife(WITH NO PROOF) and takes away his son's iPhone.... Lock him up SMH
                  nice video, if he dose a part two he can add Hatton, Khan and Scott Harrison who batterd a couple of cops in spain, intresting vid though cant believe sime of them had done that ****.

Comment

floyd is disliked because he plays the victim too fuking much then acts like an insecure kid on his puberty.

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
                      umm Excuse me sir, I would like to make a comment....

Mayweather sets out to be hated, he wants people to hate on him...

So why you get so mad when he acheives what he is after all along?

^^ truth..

Mayweather loves to be hated... this why people pay to watch him lose..

Comment

Working...
                      X