No announcement yet.

Miami Heat Expected to Go After Kendrick Perkins in Offseason

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Miami Heat Expected to Go After Kendrick Perkins in Offseason

The Heat may have their own "big three" in LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh, but the team's lack of a franchise center is likely the biggest reason why they trail the Celtics in the race for best in the East.
    This coming offseason, however, the Heat will be reportedly pursuing one of the better centers in the league, who just happens to be on the Celtics.

Yahoo columnist Marc Spears writes that a source expects the Miami Heat "to make a run at Celtics center Kendrick Perkins after he becomes a free agent this summer."

The 26-year-old is coming off a knee injury, but he has proven to not be a scoring center, but one that can rebound and play defense, very well. Just ask Dwight Howard, who was handled by Perk in the 2010 Eastern Conference Finals, scoring only 13 points and seven points in Game 1 and 3, respectively.

In six games this season, Perkins averages 7.0 points and 7.8 rebounds per game.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/02/miami-he...offseason.html

would be an excelent move

Comment

great rbounder is perkins

Comment

they need a tough guy anyway..hell after this season if boston doesnt win they'll prob break up anyway

Comment

KP better not do this.

Comment

Originally posted by CrackYourJaw View Post

KP better not do this.
            why not??if boston doesnt win this year doc rivers will probally retire..along with k.g and ray allen

Comment

Originally posted by CrackYourJaw View Post

KP better not do this.
              Boston is getting old. If I'm Perkins seeing what the Heat are doing without a big man in the middle, I can't imagine he won't fancy the idea of wearing a Heat uniform being all those guys are currently in their primes and will be for the next few years.

Imagine this line up:

Perkins
              Bosh
              James
              Wade
              Chalmers

Damn...

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                Boston is getting old. If I'm Perkins seeing what the Heat are doing without a big man in the middle, I can't imagine he won't fancy the idea of wearing a Heat uniform being all those guys are currently in their primes and will be for the next few years.

Imagine this line up:

Perkins
                Bosh
                James
                Wade
                Chalmers

Damn...
                would be a great team that.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post

Imagine this line up:

Perkins
                  Bosh
                  James
                  Wade
                  Chalmers

Damn...
                  isnt this chris pauls last season in his contract???imagine if you replace chalmers with paul

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
                    isnt this chris pauls last season in his contract???imagine if you replace chalmers with paul
                    I don't think Miami can afford him. Plus, I think they need a big man in the middle more than a point guard.

Comment

Working...
                    X