No announcement yet.

*Offical ABNER MARES vs VIC DARCHINYAN Prediction Thread*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
    Honestly I'm a huge Vic fan but this is about the worse matchup he could take right now...outside Yhonny Perez.

This is Abner's fight to lose right now. If he stays on this toes and sticks and moves he will win via wide UD.

However a problem I have noticed is that Abner gets outta his gameplan and fights to the reaction of the crowd. If the Perez fight he was actually starting to pull away from Yhonny but got outta his element (due to the crowd) and tried to fight toe to toe with Perez.

This fight is in Mexico, so If I was a fan of his and would be worried about him pulling a Victor Ortiz and letting the crowd encourage him into a brawl with Vic. If that happens Vic could possible stop him as that is exactly the type of fight Darchinyan wants.

With that said, I think it boils down to the fact that Abner has been in with bigger men who can punch and hasn't show any signs of a weak chin. Darchinyan is the type that likes to bully his opponents and impose his will and when neither happens he falls apart. I see Mares sticking and moving, forcing Vic to get more reckless and Mares picking him apart with counter shots. I dont see a stoppage but I do see Mares winning 9 rounds to 3.
    I agree and don't like this matchup at all for Darchinyan.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
      Honestly I'm a huge Vic fan but this is about the worse matchup he could take right now...outside Yhonny Perez.

This is Abner's fight to lose right now. If he stays on this toes and sticks and moves he will win via wide UD.

However a problem I have noticed is that Abner gets outta his gameplan and fights to the reaction of the crowd. If the Perez fight he was actually starting to pull away from Yhonny but got outta his element (due to the crowd) and tried to fight toe to toe with Perez.

This fight is in Mexico, so If I was a fan of his and would be worried about him pulling a Victor Ortiz and letting the crowd encourage him into a brawl with Vic. If that happens Vic could possible stop him as that is exactly the type of fight Darchinyan wants.

With that said, I think it boils down to the fact that Abner has been in with bigger men who can punch and hasn't show any signs of a weak chin. Darchinyan is the type that likes to bully his opponents and impose his will and when neither happens he falls apart. I see Mares sticking and moving, forcing Vic to get more reckless and Mares picking him apart with counter shots. I dont see a stoppage but I do see Mares winning 9 rounds to 3.
      Solid post.

I've only seen one and a half of Mares fights before his fight vs Perez (in a fight which I thought he won a narrow but fairly clear decision), but the Mares that showed up to that fight I think would have no problems winning a wiiide decision against a moving up Darchinyan. And I can only assume he's getting better.

Comment

Hope Mares wins but I have not seen very much of him to be honest. I have seen plenty of Vic and IDK why this guy is so highly rated, I am usually unimpressed by his performances. He relies to much on his power and is not that skilled. This is going to hurt him moving up against bigger guys.

Comment

Im going for Vic on this one.

Comment

War mares!

Comment

I do hope that Vic wins this tounry

Comment

Working...
              X