Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fights when a severely weight drained fighter won.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandon Rios-Murray

Comment

Originally posted by El Pistolero View Post
      Jones Tarver 1?
      beat me to it first one that came to mind....too bad it cost him the ability to perform at the top level ever again

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
        Cotto's career at 140.
        another good call

Cotto looked so much better at 147

it pissed me off how they were feeding him former lightweights and jr lightweights when he was coming up

guys like Victoriano Sosa and Rocky Martinez

Cotto look dry, complexion faded, and protruding cheek bones at 140.

Comment

rios vs murray takes the cake for me. dude was a f#cking zombie at 135. never seen a kid who gets that big fight at a weight that small. dude looked like a short, chubby middlewegiht. he'd put on 20 lbs in 30 hours! that's probably not even possible without diuretics and IV fluids.

he looked like utter garbage in the lead in and during the fight [looked like he could hardly stand up in his media workouts], but his opponent was so badly outmatched and undersized that he beat the living daylights out of him anyway

good examples of this phenomenon are usually modern fighters who cut a ton of weight. chavez, vs lee. mikey garcia vs roman martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            Brandon Rios-Murray
            Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Brandon Rios vs everyone he's beat
            Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            Rios/Acosta

Rios/Murray
            Originally posted by New England View Post
            rios vs murray takes the cake for me. dude was a f#cking zombie at 135. never seen a kid who gets that big fight at a weight that small. dude looked like a short, chubby middlewegiht. he'd put on 20 lbs in 30 hours! that's probably not even possible without diuretics and IV fluids.

he looked like utter garbage in the lead in and during the fight [looked like he could hardly stand up in his media workouts], but his opponent was so badly outmatched and undersized that he beat the living daylights out of him anyway

good examples of this phenomenon are usually modern fighters who cut a ton of weight. chavez, vs lee. mikey garcia vs roman martinez.

all good post but...

Originally posted by Adonis Creed View Post
            What fights did a guy kill himself to make weight and still pull off a W?

I dont mean mismatches like Mikey vs Juanma or Rios vs Murray. I mean toss up fights like if Dawson would have beat Ward or DLH beat Pac.
            What are fights when a guy drained himself and then beat someone who is on they're level?

Comment

Originally posted by Adonis Creed View Post
              What fights did a guy kill himself to make weight and still pull off a W?

I dont mean mismatches like Mikey vs Juanma or Rios vs Murray. I mean toss up fights like if Dawson would have beat Ward or DLH beat Pac.
              Nonito Donaire guy weighed like 140 when fighting at 115 118

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
                About Hopkins DeLa Hoya . Hopkins routinely came into the ring at 158 ,157. Remember he said he could make 154. Kind of sounds like a hypocrite now doesn't he. When criticizing GGG, HE was pumping up His fighter Canelo.
                I wouldn't count Hopkins as weight drained either.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                  Brandon Rios-Murray
                  wtf? Rios didn't even bother making weight and re-hydrated to God knows what. Fuk outta here with he was severely weight drained.

Comment

Rios-Abrile but that decision stunk.

Comment

Jones, king of the world back when, beat on that fake ghetto hood rate tarver like he owed him some pees and he was drained as fuk

Comment

Working...
                      X