Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Larry Holmes vs Tim Witherspoon...Who Won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowl View Post
    I had Holmes winning by two rds.
    Holmes won. Holmes fought in some very close fights. The judges screwed him with Spinks, and in the rematch when Larry hurt him he should have went for the knockout, but Holmes didn't. Holmes fight with Ken Norton is probably one of the very best heavyweight fights out there.

Comment

Holmes first fight with slinks could have went either way it was not a robbery

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        He never gave rematches either.
        I'll take a Weaver rematch in '84 than Holmes fighting a 10-0 guy Marvis, I can't get over that one.

Comment

Holmes was the Bernard Hopkins of his time. King, the judges all wanted to screw him. King destroyed a man who could have been a fighter to be reckoned with...Witherspoon had the goods. Fight with Homes oculd have gone either way.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
            Holmes first fight with slinks could have went either way it was not a robbery
            Maybe in your mind it was not a robbery, but when a fight is close, the close rounds go to the champion. The 49 & 0 is what made the outcome of this fight.

Comment

I scored it for Spoon 115-114. Very close fight.

Much like Leonard-Hagler, I had no problem with the decision (I had that one 114-114). But Jo Jo Guerra's 118-110 scorecard, much like the one judge who had Holmes ahead 118-111, is just so out there. Same with Martinez-Williams 1, which I also scored even

Comment

Working...
              X