Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis Vs Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lewis most definitely has the gayer face though.

Comment

I like Vlad and I think he's a great fighter, but I don't think he compares to Lewis in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        I had a similar thought. Wlad is very cautious. Look at the Haye fight as the perfect example. Wlad won but he never tried to take risks. Unlike Haye, picture a guy like Lewis who would definitely go on the offense.

I can't see Wlad winning this. He has been able to defend his chin very well against these lower tier HWs who are for the most part smaller than Wlad but he would not be able to against Lewis.

Lewis is a different animal compared to who Wlad has beat.

Lewis by KO.
        On the other hand, Lewis hasn't really faced anyone the caliber of prime Wlad either.

In reality, it's a closer fight than it looks like on paper.

Wlad by late TKO.

Comment

Other than Ali, one of his toughest fights. I can still see him winning.

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          Wlad without his size advantage would be an entirely different fighter.

Lewis by KO, he would probably dominate every second of that fight.

You're dismissing size like it doesn't matter. Would Shaq be the great Center in Basketball if he wasn't 7 foot something tall? Your logic is ******ed. Everyone fighting style (at least the smart ones do) revolves around their physique.

If Wlad's physique is being tall, then he has done the best job he could possibly do in maximizing his height advantage to it's peak potential. And the fact that he is conservative with throwing punches is also good because at 250lb, you don't wanna over-do it like you're a Welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
            On the other hand, Lewis hasn't really faced anyone the caliber of prime Wlad either.

In reality, it's a closer fight than it looks like on paper.

Wlad by late TKO.

Lets break this down. Chin wise, they're about even. Jab, Wlad is probably better. Neither guy is exactly Amir Khan. They both got dropped by pretty power punching Heavyweights. Didn't someone credible say (Roach) that Wlad punches harder than Tyson?

Wlad is taller and even their trainer Stewart thinks that Wlad has become a better fighter, or shall we say a more EFFECTIVE fighter. Because one could say that Lennox punches to the body and is willing to mix it up. That however may not be an advantage but a disadvantage. If you can do more with less, more power to you. If Paul Williams could get away with being the tallest Welterweight/Jr.Middle and just throw his jab and right hand, he would do it. Instead of fighting like a 5'6 guy.

Unfortunately, doing what Wlad does is also a talent, not a given because of his height. And there have been a stew of fresh Heavyweights who even taller than Wlad coming in, and they're not doing as well because they're not as skilled as he is.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
              This should really be how long would Wlad last, because other than a lucky punch, he has little chance against a prime elite opponent like Lewis. If this fight happened (given a time machine) then it would be a quick lesson in how quick standards have fallen in HW boxing to allow two brothers to own all titles between them. Two brothers!
              OR, Lewis could just as easily get dropped the way he did against Rahman, or Wlad could get dropped the way he did against Sanders. Of course, that's not a given.

If at their best (assuming both in great shape, no distractions) it's an interesting scenario. Neither guy has seen the other in terms of height and skill combo. Wlad certainly isn't as sloppy as Vitali and styles make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                Other than Ali, one of his toughest fights. I can still see him winning.

You're dismissing size like it doesn't matter. Would Shaq be the great Center in Basketball if he wasn't 7 foot something tall? Your logic is ******ed. Everyone fighting style (at least the smart ones do) revolves around their physique.

If Wlad's physique is being tall, then he has done the best job he could possibly do in maximizing his height advantage to it's peak potential. And the fact that he is conservative with throwing punches is also good because at 250lb, you don't wanna over-do it like you're a Welterweight.
                I agree, actually I don't see Lewis going for the K.O. either, but a long, uneventful, close fight.

Both have been knocked out, both have power.

I actually think Wlad could get a decision in a boring fight thanks to his ring I.Q. and jab. Either man would only force the action in the last few rounds, if they feel they're behind on the scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  Surprised so many people voted for Wlad.

Edit: Looked at the names and no i'm not.

Alx., dan_cov, Dave Rado, ElChicano, elgranluchadore, Exocet, Freedom., hweightblogger, Klitschko2011, Mike Tyson77, Money Shot, Mr. Fantastic, nemi, revs1227, Simurgh, The G Man, theghost#1, Toe Injury, Wreckless

Is there anyone that isn't a Wlad fan that voted for him?
                  A tiny minority voted for him. Why is this surprise? Is there supposed to be 100% agreement that Lewis would win or something? No debate? Of course this will not happen as it's all speculative and you never know for certain. That's why fights are fought.

And Wlad has shown enough consistency and skill in his second run as Champion to have a tiny minority who believe that he could win, even against Lennox. That he could exploit Lewis' mistakes. After all, is Lewis perfect? Did he not lose? Who better to expose those mistakes than a guy who hardly losses? Of course the same can be said the other way, I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                    A tiny minority voted for him..
                    even the tiny minority is even smaller than that, some of that tiny group think its 50/50, by directly admitting it.

Tinier minority then.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                      Well it helps expose the liars. For instance, you posted to write 'at best its 50/50' and then lied by voting for Wlad!

thx for the past (and continuing) bad karma for pointing out your fault.
                      Saying it's a 50/50 fight and voting for Wlad is perfectly understandable. Unless there was a third option in the poll that said "50/50", I don't see what's wrong with saying that it could go either way but qualify by saying that you think Wlad may pull it off.

After all, he didn't argue for a Draw. 50/50 means that someone will win.

Comment

Working...
                      X