No announcement yet.

Marquez Moved Up Two Weight Divisions to Face Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
    problem here is Brook is not even proven at 147 man, Jmm was the lineal champ at 135 and already a hall of fame fighter and one of the best ever out of Mexico..
    Look Larry I agree with you on the fact that Marquez was a hall of famer and a legend and brook doesn't compare to him.

But you have to recognize that GGG isn't what Floyd is either. Not even close.

I would agree with you more on this fight being utter shyt as you say if GGG was this ATG legend that Floyd was/is and just taking on a basic welterweight champion.

When I first heard GGG-Brook was made and if you see my first response it wasn't a kind one. It was a true bah humbug response and the same kind of response i had when I heard Floyd-Marquez was made.

Comment

True, Floyd gets slammed for that fight while Manny and Bradley get props for fighting him years later at ww
      This^^

Comment

True, Floyd gets slammed for that fight while Manny and Bradley get props for fighting him years later at ww
        Dude Floyd mainly gets slammed for bring Marquez up two division then pulling a fast one on him and screwing him on the scales.

That's why people still shyt on Floyd for his fight with Marquez.

Comment

Floyd fans are beyond pathetic. The bloated, slow, version of Marquez had no business being in the ring with Floyd. No version of Marquez beats Floyd but the roided out version Pac and Bradley beat was much superior than the one Floyd beat. Why is that so difficult to understand? It was a terrible fight and so is this Golovkin fight.

I don't understand why fans are so irrational when it comes to fighters they like. Both fights are a ****in embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
            Juan Manuel Marquez had never fought above 135 and then moved to 142 against Mayweather who weighed 146 at the weigh-in. So, in essence, he moved up seven pounds and fought a Mayweather who was 4 pounds heavier at the weigh-in. Marquez also had fought very little at 135, mostly 130 the past few years.

I have no problem with any of this, but I'm not going to nod along and say this is fine and then condemn other champions for doing the same thing. 147-155 isn't even that much of a leap. 147-160 is higher, but these guys both agreed to it. So what's the problem?
            Let's all ignore the fact the Floyd was a 5 division champion at 130-135-140-147-154, moved 4 times in weight. The Marquez fight was bull**** and Floyd was a c unt for what he did by coming overweight, but Floyd fought his fair share of huge fighters in 5 weight classes.

GGG is still at his first weight class, has a bunch of taxi drivers on his record, ducked 2 legit guys that wanted to fight him (Lara, Ward), and is consistantly smaller fighters to fight him.

That's why Floyd was making hundred millions of dollars while GGG is struggling to be on a ppv at 34 years.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              Floyd fans are beyond pathetic. The bloated, slow, version of Marquez had no business being in the ring with Floyd. No version of Marquez beats Floyd but the roided out version Pac and Bradley beat was much superior than the one Floyd beat. Why is that so difficult to understand? It was a terrible fight and so is this Golovkin fight.

I don't understand why fans are so irrational when it comes to fighters they like. Both fights are a ****in embarrassment.
              So a 40 year old Marquez was better? or was the style he was facing easier to deal with?

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
                Let's all ignore the fact the Floyd was a 5 division champion at 130-135-140-147-154, moved 4 times in weight. The Marquez fight was bull**** and Floyd was a c unt for what he did by coming overweight, but Floyd fought his fair share of huge fighters in 5 weight classes.

GGG is still at his first weight class, has a bunch of taxi drivers on his record, ducked 2 legit guys that wanted to fight him (Lara, Ward), and is consistantly smaller fighters to fight him.

That's why Floyd was making hundred millions of dollars while GGG is struggling to be on a ppv at 34 years.
                Thank you....GGG refuses to challenge himself all he ever does is look down in weight or call out old retired fighters

Comment

Thank you....GGG refuses to challenge himself all he ever does is look down in weight or call out old retired fighters
                  No, he just had 4 top MW duck him brazenly. You forgot already?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    No, he just had 4 top MW duck him brazenly. You forgot already?
                    I agree, but why not look UP!!!! like Brook did

Comment

I agree, but why not look UP!!!! like Brook did
                      Like who, that doable 9 weeks out? Brook is selling out, nobody thinks he has a chance in hell but he gets 3x what he was offered for Vargas and it's win win for him

Comment

Working...
                      X