No announcement yet.

Canelo - ESPN Fighter of the year 2015

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
    I've read Dan Rafael for many years. He has always been fair to Mayweather. He criticizes Mayweather when it is necessary and also praises him. They get along well with each other. This award doesn't reflect a distaste for Mayweather on ESPN's part.
    if Mayweather didn't win fighter of the year with the ESPY's, who really thought he was gonna win ESPN fighter of the year?

After may 2nd Stephen A smith had to roast a biased commentator Osuna about the outcome of the fight

ESPN and RING get more attention for giving him bad press than awards and accolades

Fat Dan does really know much about boxing in my honest opinion.

Its casuals out there who don't do their own research and expect the media to so there job and not be biased

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
      I've read Dan Rafael for many years. He has always been fair to Mayweather. He criticizes Mayweather when it is necessary and also praises him. They get along well with each other. This award doesn't reflect a distaste for Mayweather on ESPN's part.
      It's purely personal. He's arguing against himself. Going into the May/Pac fight he had Pac ranked #2 in his personal P4P. Going into the Fury fight he had Wlad ranked #1 in his personal P4P and still had Pacquiao ranked #5. After the Mayweather fight Dan still had Pac rated higher than Cotto. Common sense would tell you either Floyd or Fury should win it, right? The reason it's personal is because he claimed Floyd took the easy way out with Berto. Berto is a former World Champ. Canelo's only other fight was James Kirkland. A man who hadn't fought in almost 2 years and was never a world champ. So if Floyd took the easy way out did Canelo take the easy way in? He also called May/Pac a money grab. The fight everyone had been waiting for. If Floyd would not had taken that fight Dan would've been saying Floyd's career is incomplete. I've seen Dan say plenty of times that Floyd did what Floyd always does. How was it a money grab if Floyd didn't deviate from the norm?

Floyd and Fury beat their Pac and Wlad more convincely than Canelo beat Cotto. If it's nothing personal against Floyd or Fury what is his agenda for naming Canelo fighter of the year? Dan is arguing against himself in order to make Canelo fighter of the year.

Comment

Meh Canelo is the future, Floyd is the past and no one in the US cares about Fury.

ESPN just doing the right thing for their readership and views. It makes sense and gets people talking about their choice even if it is an odd one.

Comment

Working...
        X