No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan vs. Molina is Heading To The LA Sports Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan vs. Molina is Heading To The LA Sports Arena

Amir "King" Khan's next fight on December 15th, against undefeated Carlos Molina, has been officially announced to take place at the Los Angeles Sports Arena in Los Angeles, California. The fight will be televised live on SHOWTIME in the United States and live on Sky Sports 1HD in the United Kingdom at 1:00 a.m. GMT on December 16. [Click Here To Read More]

wow, wasnt expecting that venue..

Comment

LA sports arena is a dumb man, thats the old home of the LA clippers. They used to have lots of old boxing matches there like Roberto Duran, I think they also filmed Rocky in the arena.

I remember seeing old tapes of fights from there and it was filled with cigar smoke, everyone was smoking cigars and cigarettes.

Comment

Would've loved to see this as the co-main event for Cotto/Trout card.. too bad

Comment

Amir Khan is a warrior. Everybody questions his chin but when he gets rocked, with the exception of the Bredis Prescott loss, he continues to fight with heart i.e. Marcos Maidana. He also fought his ass off on shaky legs in his loss to Garcia. I don't think his chin is the problem it's his defense. When he was with Freddy Roach he was getting hit by flush shots that'll put anybody down. Hopefully Hunter will teach him to block and slip punches better and develop him as a counter puncher.

Comment

the article should mention this is not the good Carlos Molina this is some Carlos Molina that hans't fought anyone good. Just sayin I thought for a second Khan was moving up in weight or something.

Would be like promoting Timothy Bradley vs Paul Williams and you get there and it's some white dude with 14 losses with the same name lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TMILL View Post
              Amir Khan is a warrior. Everybody questions his chin but when he gets rocked, with the exception of the Bredis Prescott loss, he continues to fight with heart i.e. Marcos Maidana. He also fought his ass off on shaky legs in his loss to Garcia. I don't think his chin is the problem it's his defense. When he was with Freddy Roach he was getting hit by flush shots that'll put anybody down. Hopefully Hunter will teach him to block and slip punches better and develop him as a counter puncher.
              Prescott was before Roach. And so were the several fights prior to Prescott when he was getting dropped and put on queer street by euro bums. Also we should remind ourselves Khan's best wins by far were while with Roach (Kotelnyk, Judah, Maidana, Malignaggi, Salita). Just sayin, don't be surprised when he keeps getting KO'd after Roach. Dude has a terrible chin, you can only do so much.

Comment

I went to a fight there way back, Ruben Olivarez got beat and a riot broke out. It actually happened the other way around. The Arena is not designed for boxing, so they add chairs at ringside, and lots of nosebleed seating. To bad the Olympic Auditorium is now a church. The only bad seats there, were in the corners.

Comment

Khan fighting a 135lb fighter (7 KO's in 17) at 140. No wonder HBO doesn't want it.

Comment

Finally Khan takes what should be an easier fight.. he's been fighting tough opposition for years now back to back and after a KO loss like that the right thing for any fighter to do is take it a little easier on themselves in the comeback.

The worrying sign in the Khan-Brook interview is that Khan told Brook he'd knock him out just like he told Garcia. it's that fiery mentality which is going to get him into trouble, he shouldn't think about knocking anyone out again, just outboxing them for 12 rounds otherwise his anger is always going to get the better of him and he'll keep making silly mistakes that leave him open for big shots. Khan's biggest flaw is his own attitude and mentality. If he can control the anger he could still go far in the sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X