No announcement yet.

Who Here Collects or Tapes Fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Here Collects or Tapes Fights?

I was video taping pretty much every major fight for like 10 years straight but I just stopped like a year ago. I thought that tapes were adding up and I was like,"am I really going to record every fight for the rest of my life"? The other thing that made it easier was me having Comcast On Demand because I knew fights would stay on there for awhile and every time a big fight would come up, they would always have the previous fight or 2 for those 2 boxers. However, Im still kind of sad about it. Like today I just had this feeling that I wanted to watch Mosley-Margarito but I never recorded it. Now I kind of wish that I had. Then you can try to order fights from certain places or people but now all those places have gone up in price just like everything else in the World. I also use to like it because its like you can scout fights. Like you could put in some of Pac's fights and some of Hatton's and see how they would matchup against eachother. I remember thinking for a few fights that one guy was too big for another or something like that and then I would rewatch some fights and change my opinion.

The only thing that I hate that I screwed up is that I never wrote on my tapes. Now when Im looking for a fight, I may have to look for a long long long time to find it. Ive been looking for my Zab-Floyd fight for a long time and I cant even find that. I think someone may have recorded over it or I tried to rush and put it on another tape that had nothing to do with boxing. Im not particular though. I will stretch a tape. I dont care about having things perfect. I like to get 8hr tapes and put a ton of fights on them. They still show just as good as regular tapes. Alot of people use DVD's now but I still love my tapes

Yessir I am becoming a collector. I've been collecting career set DVDs by ordering through different websites finding the most extensive ones for each fighter. I'm trying to get my collection up. Currently I got:
    Erik Morales
    Alexis Arguello
    Julio Cesar Chavez (Sr.)
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    Thomas Hearns
    Marvin Hagler
    Carlos Monzon
    Bernard Hopkins
    Roy Jones
    James Toney
    Joe Frazier

Next on the list will be Duran, Holmes, Ali, Tyson, and Barrera... or maybe I'll change my mind.

Comment

well, i collect my fights by downloading them from world boxing video archive dot com.

Comment

bobbo see, Ive never done that. Ive thought about it but mainly I just tape fights. When I use to order fights from guys, I would just get individual fights. Like this one guy use to say that he can put 2hrs on a tape and you can pick the amount of fights to put on a tape. I ordered 3 tapes from him with 2 fights each on it. I got the Floyd-Chico & Tito-Vargas fights because I was locked up when they happened. I got Sweet Pea-Chavez and Sweet Pea-Oscar, etc etc. I also got the RJ-Hopkins fight

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          bobbo see, Ive never done that. Ive thought about it but mainly I just tape fights. When I use to order fights from guys, I would just get individual fights. Like this one guy use to say that he can put 2hrs on a tape and you can pick the amount of fights to put on a tape. I ordered 3 tapes from him with 2 fights each on it. I got the Floyd-Chico & Tito-Vargas fights because I was locked up when they happened. I got Sweet Pea-Chavez and Sweet Pea-Oscar, etc etc. I also got the RJ-Hopkins fight
          I hear ya, **** is expensive, but I am about to download a DVD cover program, and make DVD art for these custom 6 disc DVD holding cases and get them printed on that silk paper at Officemax. That **** is gonna be ****in legiiiiit. About $130 for 5 career sets from BoxingJunkies.com (I got them to hook me up with a special price), like $30 for 20 of the DVD cases, and another $5 for the printing. Is it overpriced and unnecessary? Yes. Is it gonna be a badass ****ing fight library to show off in its own collection next to my regular DVD collection? Hellllllls yeaaaaaa!!

Comment

Working...
          X