Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ringside Reyes Training Gloves (are they worth it?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ringside Reyes Training Gloves (are they worth it?)

http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=26253

(And no Im not getting the limited edition colors). But anyways, in terms of sparring, are these worth the $$$... is there a big difference between these and the mexican market cleto reyes gloves? Will these offer much or any protection for my hands?? (since it's 16oz)

If you have these lemme know..
    Last edited by mishka80; 11-25-2008, 04:38 AM.

i back them, have 3 pairs

Comment

Originally posted by JUHL View Post
      i back them, have 3 pairs
      Do your partners complain that they're too hard? (Punchers glove?)

lemme kno

Comment

Reye's aren't the nicest to spar people with. My gym was loaded with everything from Reye's but when it came to sparring, we threw on the Title gloves. No point in using hard gloves that could potentially cause a completely avoidable injury.

Comment

yeah just use some reg. 16 oz. everlasts

Comment

Originally posted by kryo View Post
            Reye's aren't the nicest to spar people with. My gym was loaded with everything from Reye's but when it came to sparring, we threw on the Title gloves. No point in using hard gloves that could potentially cause a completely avoidable injury.
            Thanks guys...looks like Ill be passing on the Reyes gloves..even though they are clearly "Training gloves"...

Any other recommendations for sparring gloves (LACE UP)

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyson View Post
              yeah just use some reg. 16 oz. everlasts
              Everlasts...nah....the regular ones like from Walmart? Bad quality stuff....maybe their professional line..but im going to pass on the everlasts.

Comment

Originally posted by mishka80 View Post
                Everlasts...nah....the regular ones like from Walmart? Bad quality stuff....maybe their professional line..but im going to pass on the everlasts.
                I've heard some good stuff about Fighting.. and I won't lie, the all white laceups look bad as ****. Right now I've been using the Title GEL 16 oz training gloves for bag/mit work and I love them. I've had them for almost a year and they haven't torn or anything. Every other glove on the bag seems to stiff now.

Comment

Originally posted by kryo View Post
                  I've heard some good stuff about Fighting.. and I won't lie, the all white laceups look bad as ****. Right now I've been using the Title GEL 16 oz training gloves for bag/mit work and I love them. I've had them for almost a year and they haven't torn or anything. Every other glove on the bag seems to stiff now.
                  You mean fighting sports??? those are like the budget line of Winning gloves...and they probably arent as high quality... you get what you pay for...(they are made in China).. whilst, winning is made in Japan.

I need recommendations for sparring not heavy bag gloves i already got some ahah

Comment

Originally posted by mishka80 View Post
                    Thanks guys...looks like Ill be passing on the Reyes gloves..even though they are clearly "Training gloves"...

Any other recommendations for sparring gloves (LACE UP)

thanks.
                    If you've got the $$$ ($115 +shipping)

http://rivalboxing.com/e/rs1-e.html

Comment

Working...
                    X