Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team Jones Thrilled about Brook Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Jones Thrilled about Brook Fight!

Oklahoma City, OK (May 11, 2012) – When IBF #3 rated welterweight and USBA champion Carson Jones challenged undefeated Kell Brook, he wasn’t sure if the highly-touted Brit would accept.

Brook, 27-0 (18 KO’s), set his sights on newly-crowned WBA champion Paulie Malignaggi or the winner of the upcoming Mike Jones-Randall Bailey IBF championship match, but neither bout would be immediately available. Although he initially attempted to leapfrog Jones into a title shot, Brook, IBF #5, ultimately agreed to face him Saturday, July 7 in an elimination bout at the Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield, United Kingdom.

Widely regarded as the most dangerous contender in the 147 lb division, Jones, 34-8-2 (24 KO’s), is on a tear during the last three years, compiling a 17-1-1 record against strong opposition. His victims include 2000 Olympic Silver Medalist Ricardo Williams (19-2), record breaking knockout artist Tyrone Brunson (21-0-1), Michi Munoz (21-2), Jason LeHoullier (21-2-1), Michael Clark (41-5-1) and Said Ouali (28-3).

Jones, who went from being an opponent to a bonafied contender and stopped all of the aforementioned foes, is fully confident that he’ll have his way with Brook.

“He is in my way of a world title shot,” said the 25-year-old Oklahoma City, OK native. He’ll have to kill me to beat me and I’m not even sure if that’ll get the job done! I’ll be pressuring him from the opening bell and I think the knockout will come.”

Jones also dismissed all of the hype surrounding Brook.

“He is a decent fighter but should change his name from “Special K” to “Decent K” nothing about him stands out. I’ve already beaten guys in their hometowns and Kell hasn’t fought anybody as good as me. I’m going to expose him!”

“We’re extremely excited about this fight and this is a huge moment for HD Boxing,” said Chris Hastings, President of HD Boxing Promotions, Jones’ promoter. “Carson is 8-0 with 8 knockouts since moving down to welterweight and he will be the IBF welterweight champion in the future without question. We’re excited to take on all-comers. The top guys should all watch out!”

Fans can keep up with Jones by going to www.facebook.com/carson.jones.77 or Hdboxing.net.

Jones getting KTFO in 7 rounds or under.. guaranteed.. But i can see Khan and Brook coming closer to crossing paths.. all Brook has to do is beat Malignaggi for the belt and they'll fight at 147.. of course its highly possible Khan rematches Paulie for the belt too...

Comment

Working...
    X