Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers who didn't end up broke?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evander Holyfield should be a lesson to all boxers. 100 bedroom house and 3 divorces, what a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
      I remember readings few years ago that Micheal Spinks was loaded while Leon was working for $7 an hour on a road crew.

You'd think he'd help his brother out but maybe he has and he's just blown that too.
      More than once.

For such an average fighter, Leon made a huge amount of money. He blew it all and then whatever Michael gave him too

Comment

Big George is actually broke.

Oscar De la Hoya is really the only name that comes to mind. Maybe Tito if it's true about his gas company in PR.

Comment

Carl Froch runs a property development company with his brother. They own lots of different properties around the country. He even mucks in himself with the work, when he isn't training you can find him laying floors and plastering walls etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
            Ima go out on a limb and say Floyd Mayweather will be well off for life. He seems to only fight for big money and not chump change due to his understanding of his ability to generate revenue like no other in the sport. Plus, I think all his seemingly reckless spending is a big ol facade to the public (he is "Money May" right?). Floyd is more business savvy then many give him credit for, hell I could be way off though.
            I think you're right...honestly, I think Pacquaio has higher chances of going broke since he gives away alot of his money, and sometimes trusts the wrong people with his money.

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
              Ima go out on a limb and say Floyd Mayweather will be well off for life. He seems to only fight for big money and not chump change due to his understanding of his ability to generate revenue like no other in the sport. Plus, I think all his seemingly reckless spending is a big ol facade to the public (he is "Money May" right?). Floyd is more business savvy then many give him credit for, hell I could be way off though.
              He gambles heavily, that being said asking GB for an advance to pay his taxes is a good sign so far as showing that he isn't keeping the bulk of his money in hard cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                I remember readings few years ago that Micheal Spinks was loaded while Leon was working for $7 an hour on a road crew.

You'd think he'd help his brother out but maybe he has and he's just blown that too.
                Michael doesn't have to give Leon anything imo.

Michael managed his money well during the course of his career. It's not Michaels fault that Leon blew all his money.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHookGarcia View Post
                  Michael doesn't have to give Leon anything imo.

Michael managed his money well during the course of his career. It's not Michaels fault that Leon blew all his money.
                  I can understand where you're coming from but certain things is an issue of family pride. If I had millions I'd be embarrassed if a family member close to me was working just above minimum wage.

Wouldn't exactly pay for them to live a flashy and expensive lifestyle but I would ensure that they live a respectable life.

Comment

Paul Williams is real smart and has invested his money very well from what I hear

Comment

Originally posted by the karma giver View Post
                      Big George is actually broke.

Oscar De la Hoya is really the only name that comes to mind. Maybe Tito if it's true about his gas company in PR.
                      Big George is actually broke???

He isn't surely?

Comment

Working...
                      X