Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Discusses Donaire-Mares Clash, Showtime, HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we get Donaire versus Nishioka and Rigo (uugh, even if that means living with the Arce mismatch), who cares if it's in-house. It's about good fights and those first two are excellent. As it stands, we have Donaire-Mathebula unification, and THAT's a good fight too. Mares-Moreno would create further demand for the winner to get into the mix.

Comment

I understand the hate Arum gets and rightfully so, but, make sure to throw GBP and Haymon in there as well. I think Arum can see the shift that Showtime has been making since Espinoza was hired, it's essentially a GBP launching pad for a fighter of their choosing. They basically control The Ring and have tried to poach more than a few top fighters, so what's next? A monopoly. Majority of these promoters are money grubbing crooks that have no intention on moving boxing in the right direction: honest, competitive fights, that fans want to see.

Anyways, I'll watch Mares vs Donaire on whatever damn channel they end up with, probably would even pay for it, makes no difference to me. Gimme Donaire in a 8-9th round stoppage in a bloody give and take battle.

Comment

Donaire, Mathebula, Nishioka, Rigondeaux, Arce is enough for 122 lb Mini Tournament...

Mares is only a plus if he intends to join!
        If Abner didn't knock out guys at 118 lb, how much more at 122 lb???

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          HBO the premiere network huh?

Lately I've been feeling the fights on Showtime way more than the ones on HBO to be honest. Id go as far as saying Showtime has had the better fights this year if you ask me.
          Showtime has definitely had the much better fights this year - or should I say the more fan-friendly fights.

HBO has always intended to chase after the commercial (mainstream) crowd. Showtime has IMO for the past eight or so years been more about the fight fans.

Comment

Not to mention that Showtime has the better announcing crew. Al Bernstein is so much better to listen to than Lampley and Merchant and Kellerman.

By the way, people expecting Donaire vs. Rigondeaux shouldn't get their hopes up. Arum is going to let that marinate for a long while...high risk low reward, it's like how GBP won't feed Canelo to Lara.

They'll make a fight with Arce no problem though. And if we're lucky the Nishioka fight might happen after that.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              If we get Donaire versus Nishioka and Rigo (uugh, even if that means living with the Arce mismatch), who cares if it's in-house. It's about good fights and those first two are excellent. As it stands, we have Donaire-Mathebula unification, and THAT's a good fight too. Mares-Moreno would create further demand for the winner to get into the mix.

i agree...those are very good fights that arum can make in-house all he wants. gbp can make their very good in-house fight too in mares-moreno so let's see who makes the first good in-house move.

Comment

While I think Donaire would win, it'd be a huge fight, and one that Arum is unlikely to pursue.

Comment

LOL at bob arum trying to backhand showtime now all of sudden,,,,,,, he's a scumbag

Comment

In before sandusky's....i mean arum's step son edgargles comes to defend his honor.

So basically this fight aint happening. Just more pr posturing!

Comment

Working...
                    X