Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arthur Abraham-Jermain Taylor Spoiler: Shocking Ending

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT has become too predictable now, he shouldn't fight anymore....any journeyman can follow the blue print and take him to late rounds and finish him off, i mean even his defense becomes so flimsly, its pointless for him to even put his "paws" up when the final blow comes through, his hands might as well be down, in fact they block his vision to atleast anticipate where the shot is comin from and he just takes it flush anyways...such a shame, he had a good thing goin once but he's done......

Comment

• its time for Taylor to retire now.....either he wins his next 3 or 4 fights or retire....

Comment

• I'll give the credit that AA deserves but to me he's more defense than anything else and that was a little boring at times. I don't know if I would call him a boxer or more of a brawler. Another thing I noticed that I did not like was that when he would hurt Taylor he would hit him with the fist and elbow...easy to hurt someone like that. AA is a strong guy but I don't know if I would go as far as to say that he is in with the elites as far as his boxing skills are concern. In my opinion when he gets in there with someone with good boxing skills and good lateral movement and be able to hit him over the top with a right or left he'll loose. He was very wild at times and that's suicidal with a strong counter puncher. Anyway, that's my take on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenixbb View Post
          Me myself I live in Germany and you are right that in the states there are and have been sick decisions but all I want to say is that AA is the golden boy of Sauerland event and everything was prepared to let AA look good for example the have chosen JT because the knew that he is finished why they did not let AA fight Kessler because Kessler has Sauerland as managers too. All I want to say is that they would never take a high risk for AA.
          AA will have to beat all of the best fighters in the tournament, including Kessler, in order to win it. And his next two opponents, Dirrell and Froch, will not be easy fights for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post
            Abraham is a bull, no doubt, but I would like to have seen Taylor unload his right every once in a while. It would have been a completely different fight.
            Yes it would -Taylor would have been KOd far sooner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceta View Post
              Jermaine Taylor needs to retire. I think this is the last thing we see of Taylor. The guy I'd love to see in the tourney believe it or not is Tavoris Cloud if he could get down that low. Dawson and Bute are already fighting other opponents.
              Why do you think Cloud can make 168 without being weight drained?

If Taylor retires now, his place can and should be kept open for the Bute-Andrade winner - although I don't know what would happen about the tournament's points system if someone comes into the tournament late. But I'm sure Showtime could come up with something, like giving them 1.5 bonus points or something like that.

Edit: the press is reporting that Allan Green will get Taylor's place if he pulls out. Pity - the Bute-Andrade winner should get it, but apparently Showtime just don't want any more promoters to be involved, and Green is with Di Bella.
              Last edited by Dave Rado; 10-18-2009, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• When I came on here before the fight ended, I saw this and thought perhaps Taylor stopped him. Obviously wrong.

I've said that Abraham was underrated and that you can't fault him for what people say is a lacking resume--the man tried to get fights with Pavlik and Sturm.

His stlye is just so unique and it's tought to crack his guard. Plus, if you're going down to the body, you better be a ****in expert at it.

The problem is, I think that his low activity and the reliance on his power late in fights will cost him a decision. IMO, Kessler would outpoint him and Ward would provide a tough style matchup.

I think he beats Froch and Dirrell, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                  Jermain was winning this fight till he got stiffed.
                  Yeah, and my grandmother was beating George Foreman until she got stiffed.

Keep dreaming.

Comment

Working...
                  X